ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Few pics of my turbo'd cup

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
😂 did you get the 'if you drive like that again i'm not getting back in this car' ?

Looks VERY clean there tho!!
Ha ha. No..to be fair she is very tolerant of me driving like a c**k. I know when she is crapping herself as she looks out of the side window and not straight ahead. :smile: It was so fast and composed today. What is quite a jiggly low speed ride morphs into a fluid missile that covers ground with incredible poise when you up the speed. In essence it was a car transformed.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Haven’t updated this for a while as i haven’t driven it in a while.....2 years to be precise. Other priorities have got in the way but this year I decided i needed to get it going again.
It was due cambelt and dephaser alongside fixing some long standing issues - main one being a intermittent misfire under full throttle. Last last year i replaced plugs, coil pack, HT leads and had the injectors cleaned. This seemed to do the trick.
In March i took it to my mechanic who has done the cambelt etc and i also asked him to check over the engine as it hadn’t ran in a while.
A few conversations later and we decided on a full engine bay spruce up and replacement of some tired parts. So new boost pipes alongside various new fasteners, bolts and nuts.
I have also been admiring what @frayz has been doing in his engine bay so decided to take the plunge and go all black. So block, upper and lower manifolds, engine mounts have all gone crackle black. He has also done some porting of the cylinder head and lower inlet as he was bored.....
Anyway pictures:
78FBE20B-4E98-4407-A64D-D0E880959573.jpeg

Before above - Rest of the car has received a lot of love over the last 8 years and the engine bay was seriously letting the side down
422FC6CC-FE3E-4DBE-8DF8-2623B416E1FD.jpeg

Upper manifold painted with throttle body fully cleaned
3DB730AA-401F-4559-A6AD-7B824B1220FE.jpeg

Lower ported and painted with new bolts and fixings for injector rail

A75AB4F3-211F-41F1-8843-99EB6CAF8FCC.jpeg

657DD764-06C2-4D42-A6B6-F3F457329072.jpeg

A20D525D-4774-451B-813F-B163B38E3117.jpeg

Part way through - boost pipes repainted and new hoses as the other ones were way past their best. New braided line for the oil breather which will be flipped over to the underside when fully fitted.
EABB9FA9-A1F6-41D3-B5D1-A1B99CCE3474.jpeg

Starting to come together now. Just a few more bits and bobs to do and I should get it back this week. So full list of jobs done:
Water pump and all the pulleys. Timing cover, rocker cover, lower inlet, cylinder head, block, thermostat housing, alternator and upper inlet all done in crackle black. Re routed a load of vacuum lines, remade the injector clamps, tightened the spark plug gaps to cure the misfire, New earth straps, made a dipstick extension and all new bolts, fasteners ands nuts.
I am super excited to get it back and start driving it again - freshly MOT’d just before lockdown. I looked at the MOT history and in 4 years i had driven just under 2000 miles in it so i really need to sort that out this year.
Thanks for looking.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Looking great mate. Only again today was I thinking about turbo conversions 😅
it is a long slippery slope to boost... but well worth it. Our cars would be almost blood brothers then :) You are always welcome to have a go in mine if you want mate. I am happy to accompany you in the R - would be a struggle but i would power through.