ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first brown moment in the 172 cup

172 cup 10/04/10>
right,

ive owned my cup since april, its just sailed through its mot so i know the discs and pads are fine, heres the story...

having a :evil:spirited drive along side my mate in his uk spec classic impreza, side by side;), all goin well until we come to stop, i got severe brake fade, all in a 1/4 mile,:dead:

now i dont normally drive side by side with my mate, so was in shock at this point, but what i want to know, if i put sum performance pads on the front, and some fresh fluid, will it cure it? i may wait until my next service in april. will my existing fluid pads be ok for day to day driving as i certainly wont be doin it again:eek:

think it was the lords way of telling me to calm it down a bit lol,:evil:

opinions?:clown:

Clio 200 Cup
Mintex 1155 - I can't 'make' them fade, they performed well on a trackday and feel good from cold so fine for road use.
Braided lines make the brake pedal feel firmer, not essential but definately improve brake feel.

172 cup 10/04/10>
its on 83k and to put it more professional i think it had "pedal fade" because the pedal went spongy slightly, but at the same time the harder i pressed didnt make much difference, ill get some of them pads and some fresh fluid and go from there, on the service schedule im sure you're supposed to replace the fluid at 70k iirc?

PH1 V6
yeah its known as brake fade mate. buy some better quality pads, bleed them and fit some braided lines and youl be sorted! if you still get fade within a very short space of time then perhaps your driving is a bit extreme lol

172 cup 10/04/10>
Its not a regular thing, lol quite chuffed the old cup gave scoobydoo a right good run for its money until it came to stopping lol, inspirational is an underestamate ha :)