ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First pics of the new steed (type r content)

RB 182 FF Cup
they say owning a civic is like dating a fat chick, its all fun and games til your mates see ya lol,
nice car though chap! good choice of colour!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
This has just turned up, should sound good!!!

typer010_zps7a94fbb1.gif

typer009_zpsefdef244.gif

Swift Sport
Interested to hear it, I've never been tempted by an exhaust... Maybe if I had a V8 I'd consider one lol.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Sorry read it wrong, You're B Pipe IS silenced?

I believe the Sportex SILENCED B Pipes are even narrower in bore than stock? Why dont you just mate this to your stock B Pipe, the stock one is less restrictive i believe?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry read it wrong, You're B Pipe IS silenced?

I believe the Sportex SILENCED B Pipes are even narrower in bore than stock? Why dont you just mate this to your stock B Pipe, the stock one is less restrictive i believe?

Yeah silenced, unsilenced would be mental. The std bpipe is the restrictive part and the sportex bore is 2.40, ideal would be 2.5 hence the group buy a guy called rob did on ctro ages ago. The std centre is narrower than the sportex

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Are you 100%? I was after one, and I read on CTRO its narrower than stock? Stock is 2.25 isnt it?

I was on Robs Group Buy but it was taking ages, so ordered a 2.5" Silenced Cobra System!

Those Back Boxes are meant to be great for the cash though! N1 Rep?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah n1 rep, 120 delivered and tbf it looks good, nice and light too. It's definatly not narrower, but you got me thinking now lol

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Try and check, I know the Unsilenced ones are decent and 2.4 internal Bore, but Im sure I read the Silenced are very narrow!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
When I rang them I asked them to check the bore size which is 60.5, which equates to about 2.38. The std size is 2.1 iirc. I haven't got a standard exhaust it's a piper which is coming off, and allready sold :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Thats it, I remember now! The B Pipe is 2.4" all the way thought, but in the SILENCER of the silenced one, its as narrow as 40mm! Which is 1.6"!!!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Thats it, I remember now! The B Pipe is 2.4" all the way thought, but in the SILENCER of the silenced one, its as narrow as 40mm! Which is 1.6"!!!

Cant see it affecting performance too much if that is the case. I was tempted to go unsilenced but it would drive me mad

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I dont even want an exhaust, the noise from the Teg M is nice enough for me, I always thing Loud exhausts sound great on forced Induction. However, I want a tad more power, and mapping with just a filter is a little pointless. I looked at B Pipes, but couldnt find a decent one that suited me. They all had something wrong IMO. So in the end for £335 I just bought a whole new system!