ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First Post, First Car, First Project. What could go wrong eh? (mk2 1.2 16v)

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Nice little thread, i'm hoping to start the way you have. I haven't started modding as such yet because i'm paying my insurance out and i've just been on one holiday and going on another next week. Budgeting times man.

Just a quick pic my mate snapped at work of how shes sitting atm, really happy with it!

1mkMriG.jpg

Looks really nice! Perfect height! How did you find colouring your sidestrips, was it easy enough? how long did it take you?

Cheers man! yeah was easy enough, took me all weekend though as it was my first time spraying anything so i was making sure i did everything perfect! Although i did use the wrong clearcoat first coat so they came out more matte than id hoped :( manged to get some sort of shine back off them though thanks to my dads skills with a spraycan :p

Gonna do the front strip next but ill know what im doing abit better this time around. should look alot better!

Quick few changes to the lighting this week:

Swapped out the number plate light as it was abit manky:

vUatlsW.jpg

aGf0mIN.jpg

Cheers West Renault! :)

Got silvervisions for the back clusters. (already did the front)

4lQXLfO.jpg

eWa72D0.jpg

Also swapped out my interior lights for the free sidelights i got with my bluevisions, nice and bright :)

Car was feeling abit worse for wear so i had a check over and had new front disks & pads, and a new Lambda sensor to sort out the mess it was in :p

Having new oil, oil filter & air filter tomorrow in time for the holiday.

Now to save up for my new alloys and cup spoiler, then i'll be happy :cool:

definately!

trying for the smaller, subtle mods atm. changing bits & reconditioning, makes the car look alot younger haha!

​Just need the paint sorting, really letting it down close up :(

Got up earlyish today and gave the car a good clean, then took it round the local industrial estate for some pics with a half decent camera:

rsKVEpb.jpg

AnmLkxX.jpg

OQ1m7CL.jpg

qVdcHMH.jpg

8hwMi67.jpg

oOpPzkQ.jpg

Im a bad photographer by far, but im really happy with how the car looks atm

Good call, gonna wait till i get my new alloys though as i gain about 20mm poke with them (i think)

no point getting some now if i have to sell em afew months down the line!

Nice choice! It's going to look good on them. As twizler said, subscribed

Cheers alex!

anyone know the best place to get hardened locking wheelnuts? might seem abit OTT but its piece of mind for when i visit the misses at uni. Her accomodations in abit of a 'friendly' place if you get me...

Try nuts4wheels on eBay. I got my stud conversion kit from them. Wasn't to expensive either

*cough* used to be a trader on here under a different name *cough*

Is where I got mine from aswell, lasted well so far tbh, not a track car by any means but gets some stick from crappy roads with being low

Looking forward to seeing the car on the lenso's mate

nice upgrades!

congrats on the car! =]

Cheers! :approve:

Try nuts4wheels on eBay. I got my stud conversion kit from them. Wasn't to expensive either

Is where I got mine from aswell, lasted well so far tbh, not a track car by any means but gets some stick from crappy roads with being low

Thanks for the info guys!

Spinksy i cant wait haha, always loved the look of them

TT QS

They did indeed. Don't think they got much business from here tbf. Yeah mine have done alright and look good

Off the top of your head, do you know the size of the bolts? length and thread size? saves me going to my car, getting the spare bolts out, getting my vernier etc :p

TT QS
Off the top of your head, do you know the size of the bolts? length and thread size? saves me going to my car, getting the spare bolts out, getting my vernier etc :p

i had longer ones on mine to accommodate the spacers. think i have 50mm long on the front and 40mm on the back so you may want 30mm long if youre going standard. dont quote me on that though

Been on holiday for the last week so nothing has happened except a nice, fresh layer of dust & dirt :)

Uc5jpkB.jpg

Although i did find this in my mates boot so i couldn't resist ;)

Phq3M4p.jpg

There on!

Sorry for the s**te quality, will try and get some better pics in the daylight :)

ZKt4F4U.jpg

gAi2Dk5.jpg

jZGZGTa.jpg

Really happy with them, they fit so perfectly its unreal :) Absolutely in love with it!

Nt4wL9Ph.jpg

Any thoughts/feedback welcome :)

Cheers Dan!

Think i might pour some money into detailing, make the car shine haha :approve:

​Then the rest will go into my 1*2 fund, as im pretty happy with the car now :)