ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

first time doing any painting

Focius ST
cars looking a little worse for wear , just refurbed the side bullets

original state
DSC_0101.jpg

in primer
DSC_0105.jpg

finished
DSC_0106-1.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

used 2 layers of primer , 2 layers of colour (rover stone grey) and 3 layers of lacquer.

I am going to have a go at refurbing my wheels next is there anything i need to watch for when doing my wheels?

cheers

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Looks alot better mate

I'd have thought the wheels would be the same sort of proccess, but i'm not a qualified painter so don't take my word for it.

Focius ST
i was tempted to add colour to lettering and still could be tempted to just not sure how to mask it up to give it a really good finish as i dont have a steady enough hand

You can use masking tape on the straights, Ive heard before you could use bluetac on the corners and a knife, Or again tape and a knife.

Mainly just paint and a thin artists brush, And time.

If you f**k it up... Wipe it off and start again.

182 & Porsche 986
been doing a fair few of these bullets myself, i just used a paint pen on the lettering, no masked it off or anything. looks pretty good. :)

DCi 100
I feel like a right r****d when people talk about using 2 layers of paint.

I did near enought a douzen layers of primer to get some bits perfectly smooth/soft. Then 7-8 coats to get the colour perfect all over. Then 4/5 layers of laquer :S

Bits look good anyways dude^

When you paint the letters by hand, do you just put the other colour paint straight over the top of the other colour, then laquer the whole thing?

Or do you have to sand down the letters to put the other colour on?
Or do you laquer the whole thing then just hand paint over the top of the laquer?

clio 182
im in the process of doing my allows at the moment. doing 1 at the time tho as i have a spare and cant afford to have the car off the road. i am sand blasting them myself and taking them down to a place i kno that will powder coat them for 25 quid a wheel then ill spray them myself when i decide what colour to go for.
how u going about doing yours?

Qashcow
im in the process of doing my allows at the moment. doing 1 at the time tho as i have a spare and cant afford to have the car off the road. i am sand blasting them myself and taking them down to a place i kno that will powder coat them for 25 quid a wheel then ill spray them myself when i decide what colour to go for.
how u going about doing yours?

????? that makes no sense?

Focius ST
i sanded it down then scatched the rest off with stanley knife blade been carefull not to cut into the plastic , sanded sown till smooth

145db Euro'd clio
Also if you do your wheels. go to a paint shop and buy some proper degreaser. orelse the spraying will go horribly wrong with fish eyeing and lifting