ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted a couple of bits to my 182 today....

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I made a couple of additions to my 182 today. I thought I would create a thread on the bits I put on because they have made an already brilliant little hot hatch even better.

I fitted a stiff shift from Yanoo, I can't recommend it enough. It was a little bit fiddly to fit but nothing too challenging, especially since Yanoo was so helpful. It has taken all the unwanted slack out of the gear shift and made the change feel much more satisfying.

I also took delivery of a Piper Exhaust. I spent a lot of time looking for info on Piper cat back systems and it was very thin on the ground. So were audio clips. After fitting the system today I think it could be a massively underrated exhaust system. It was a breeze to fit and it looks brilliant.

The tail pipes are nicely detailed the welds are neat, the tail pipes look like standard but fill the holes in the bumper perfectly at 3.5” and it hangs absolutely level with no movement unlike the standard system.

I also weighed the Piper system and the standard system as I couldn't find a weight for the Piper anywhere on the internet. The Piper weighs 15.8 kg and the standard exhaust was 22.6 so that’s a very healthy saving of 6.8 kg's :D.

However the biggest surprise was the sound. There was only one clip of a Piper on the internet that I could find but I can report, It sounds AMAZING! Really took me by surprise.
It's not boomy in the slightest, it is very tuneful and raspy but not embarrassingly loud. With the windows down at 7,000 rpm it sounds like something far more exotic and pops slightly on the overrun when hot. It certainly turned a lot of heads :D. Oh and at motorway seed it is barely any louder than the standard system. I couldn’t be happier with it!

Here are a few pictures (if I can manage it) all I am waiting for now is the Ktec Induction kit I ordered last week.

Clio 182

Last edited: