ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted a couple of bits to my 182 today

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I made a couple of additions to my 182 today. I thought I would create a thread on the bits I put on because they have made an already brilliant little hot hatch even better.

I fitted a stiff shift from Yanoo, I can't recommend it enough. It was a little bit fiddly to fit but nothing too challenging, especially since Yanoo was so helpful. It has taken all the unwanted slack out of the gear shift and made the change feel much more satisfying.

I also took delivery of a Piper Exhaust. I spent a lot of time looking for info on Piper cat back systems and it was very thin on the ground. So were audio clips. After fitting the system today I think it could be a massively underrated exhaust system. It was a breeze to fit and it looks brilliant.

The tail pipes are nicely detailed the welds are neat, the tail pipes look like standard but fill the holes in the bumper perfectly at 3.5” and it hangs absolutely level with no movement unlike the standard system.

I also weighed the Piper system and the standard system as I couldn't find a weight for the Piper anywhere on the internet. The Piper weighs 15.8 kg and the standard exhaust was 22.6 so that’s a very healthy saving of 6.8 kg's :D.

However the biggest surprise was the sound. There was only one clip of a Piper on the internet that I could find but I can report, It sounds AMAZING! Really took me by surprise.
It's not boomy in the slightest, it is very tuneful and raspy but not embarrassingly loud. With the windows down at 7,000 rpm it sounds like something far more exotic and pops slightly on the overrun when hot. It certainly turned a lot of heads :D. Oh and at motorway speed it is barely any louder than the standard system. I couldn’t be happier with it!

Here are a few pictures (if I can manage it) all I am waiting for now is the Ktec Induction kit I ordered last week.

28072012738.jpg

27072012736_3.jpg

27072012734.jpg

27072012737.jpg

28072012750.jpg

28072012743.jpg

28072012751.jpg

28072012752.jpg

28072012753.jpg

28072012754.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Looks real good, sits perfectly! Where did you get the wheel ramps from? Do you think they're better than a jack? Must admit I fancy getting some of those...

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Looks real good, sits perfectly! Where did you get the wheel ramps from? Do you think they're better than a jack? Must admit I fancy getting some of those...

Thanks, I could not be more happy with the way it fits and the noise it makes :)

I forget where I got them from now but I think you can buy some from halfords. They are much better and safer than a jack in my opinion. It also means you don't have a jack in the way of where you are working.

is there a few kits from yanoo?

which one did u get and how much?

I got the "base kit" Stiff Shift 1.0, stiffer ball insert and small metal bush with brass bushes. It was £56 posted in polished silver. If you want it in any other colour it is £59.

I have to say it has made the gear shift feel much more satisfying. It feels like the shift in my brothers Boxster S which is fairly high praise.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Piper are underrated yes. Looks really nice too, love the rolled out look.

How long to fit the shift kit?

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Piper are underrated yes. Looks really nice too, love the rolled out look.

How long to fit the shift kit?

The more I drive it and look at it, the more I think, why the hell don't more people have Pipers? Or at least why aren't they recommended immediately like Milltek or the Scorpion RS192. I think it sounds, looks and fits better than both, it is lighter than both too.

It took me about 2 hours to fit the shift kit but I was a little slow figuring out I didn't need certain bits from the kit, because the kit caters for all Clio's old and new. I would say if your moderately good at fiddling with cars, 1 hour. If your slow like me, 2 hours.

I think it was worth it though.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
i love my piper also is quiet when low in rev range , normal driving and no drone sat at 70
is yours de-catted ?

Clio 182 Trophy #229
i love my piper also is quiet when low in rev range , normal driving and no drone sat at 70
is yours de-catted ?

I know it is just like stock when on the motorway and when driving gently but it sounds amazing after 5,000 rpm :D

No it has the standard cat. I was going to de-cat it if it was way too quiet but it sounds perfect!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Cheers tom looks really good fair play, Have you noticed a big improvement?

Thanks mate, I am very pleased with it. I love my Clio :D. I just can't wait to get K-tec's new induction kit on it.

The stiff shift has made a big difference to the gear shift, there is NO play in the shift now. The exhaust seems to have livened up the top end too.

Clio 182 Trophy #229
My KTR induction kit arrived today. Very happy with how it looks and it is huge! All I need to do now is get a smaller battery (turns out the previous owner replaced it with one which is too large) and get it fitted.

Here are a couple of pictures, I put my hand next to it so you get some perspective of how big it is. Sound clip to follow.

03082012769.jpg

03082012771.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
You will love that kit, it sounds insane lol, the kit is very tight with a 063 battery but obviously do-able :)

Clio 182 Trophy #229
You will love that kit, it sounds insane lol, the kit is very tight with a 063 battery but obviously do-able :)

I know, I fitted it last night and took it for a drive. CHRIST ITS LOUD!!!!! The best money I have ever spent. It makes my mates K&N sound a bit weak.

It certainly attracts a lot of attention and surprised looks too :D I overtook a motorbike this afternoon and he nearly fell off as I hit the 5k kick.

I will put a picture up and a little sound clip tomorrow. it is a big squeeze but I managed to get it in there :D

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
How do we know you don't just have freakishly small hands? ;)

Just noticed the thread mate, exhaust sounds good :)

melchy

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, BMW M240i
How easy was the KTR induction kit to fit? I'm still waiting for mine to show up, hopefully it will do this week while im still on holiday. Do you think the noise will ever get a bit tiresome?

Clio 182 Trophy #229
How do we know you don't just have freakishly small hands? ;)

Just noticed the thread mate, exhaust sounds good :)

Ha they aren't the biggest but trust me the kit is an impressive size :D

Thanks mate, I am really happy with it :)

I'm certainly interested in the filter

Well I can't recommend it enough, there is a lot of talk on here about open induction kits being a bad thing but in this case it has made my car pull better from low revs, a bit faster at the top and noticeably more responsive. Oh and the noise, seriously the noise!!

How easy was the KTR induction kit to fit? I'm still waiting for mine to show up, hopefully it will do this week while im still on holiday. Do you think the noise will ever get a bit tiresome?

If you have a 21cm long battery (which I didn't it was bigger) it is very easy, just follow the step by step instructions, it should take you about 20 mins. It took me longer because I had an oversized battery so it wouldn't fit in the gap. It is a squeeze.

As for the noise, it only makes its presence known at full throttle. You can accelerate as quickly as you will ever need (apart from overtaking) without ever waking it up. But when you do, you will laugh, or I do. Maybe I am just sad ;)

Here are some pics of it fitted. I WILL get a video this week I promise.

05082012772.jpg

05082012773.jpg

05082012774.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Oh I had to move my alarm and make a little bracket for it. That is the thing over the battery. I don't know if anyone elses car has the same thing.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you want a hand getting a video one evening let me know, i'm interested in hearing what it sounds like too!

Clio 182 Trophy #229
If you want a hand getting a video one evening let me know, i'm interested in hearing what it sounds like too!

That sounds like a plan. I am working away this week but if you are about at the weekend I would be more than happy to take you for a drive and get a little video sorted.

Do you have a proper camera? All I have is my mobile and the sound quality isn't the best.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That sounds like a plan. I am working away this week but if you are about at the weekend I would be more than happy to take you for a drive and get a little video sorted.

Do you have a proper camera? All I have is my mobile and the sound quality isn't the best.

I have a DSLR so we can use that, I'll message you on FB mate :)

Clio 182 Trophy #229
A very bad pic of my new gear knob as I broke the old one fitting the stiff shift. I managed to find one in titanium not silver or chrome. It is almost exactly the same colour as the door handles and inserts so fits nicely and feels a lot nicer than the standard item.

05082012775.jpg

182 Cup
@TomRS182cup,

I just ordered myself a richbrook slant-top knob. Wondering how you go about fitting them? I heard they're threaded, did you just screw it on or did you have to make a thread or something? Also, how did you go about getting the original item off? I hear they're not easy.

Thanks!

Alex

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
@TomRS182cup,

I just ordered myself a richbrook slant-top knob. Wondering how you go about fitting them? I heard they're threaded, did you just screw it on or did you have to make a thread or something? Also, how did you go about getting the original item off? I hear they're not easy.

Thanks!

Alex

hello bud, i fitted one to mine. in order to get the old one off you have to basically cut it off bit by bit (i dont mean at the stick) you will then reveal the end of the stick and the richbrook simply slots on and is done up with an allen key which is provided.

182 Cup
Great thanks! That doesnt sound too bad at all. How do you find the slant-top alloy knob? Much better than the stock? Hoping they're a good fit

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Have the Piper on my 182, Really pleased with the sound/fit/quality! Currently my favourite system for MK2 PH2 182!