ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitted blue instrument panel led's :)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
Finally fitted my blue LED's in my instument pannel, was kind of easy :) forgot to chane the alarm led to blue, so will take apart again and change that. any one know if i get some blue card, and put that behing the clock instead of the orange one if that will be blue ? sorry for the big pics, havn't installed photoshop yet (rebuild)

Also gotta paint the needles white so they reflect a bit more, :eek:

dash.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

RS Clio 200
NICE!!!..

how much hassle was that....i wanna do al mine white.... including the clock, aircon and headunit

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
well it was quite quick really, as long as you get a small soldering iron tip fo the led's it easy. took about 1hr max, i think, cos i started to unscrew the dash one night, then realised i couldn't open the other door enough cos i was in the garage, and it was raining so had to wait to morning, then took the dash out, and the panel, and took it to bits, easy. didnt' disconnect battery or nothing.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
dinky doodle, how did you get your needles that white, did you scrape the orange off ? ot just paint the orange white ?

Da

Less
the heater controls are filament lamps as are the clock/temp display so changing the led's is not an option ;)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
yeah but can you change the backing paper ? as i took my clock/tep one out to cleen it and its just a bit of orange card/plasticy paper thing in front of the bulbs

Da

Less
yeah it's possible just don't need led's for those tho :) maybe fitted coloured led replacement lamps instead ;)

M

mini-valver

Ive done the dash and want todo all the heater controls and clock etc, what type leds/bulbs do i need and where can i get the??
Really easy to do the dash though just need spme patience!

Da

Less
lol, Dink's the man to speak to for soldering ;) although I will be doing this myself on my next car just wouldn't want to fook it on anyone elses! :)

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
will have to try and look for different needles, i think if i remove the orange line on them or paint them white they would light up more.

M

mini-valver

That site has a $25 minimum order and i only need 4!! Any in the UK??

Polo + Micra
yeah i did get my needles of a trial set of dials i bought for £10

they were white so i thought they's look better with white led's.

the soldering is easy took me about 1/2 hr and i was taking my time lol

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
have to goto scrappy see if i can get a panel with white needles and swap them, i see some on fleabay bit pricy £20 all i want is the needles :)

scratch above, i just won a white needled instrument panel on flebay £10.50 inc P&P so will have white needles :eek:)

Last edited:
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Just to be cheeky, how many LED's do i need? Want to get then ordered before ripping the dash out.

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
i think its 12 odd, buy 20 so u got some spares for the clock and stuff, also change the alarm led light :)