ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitted the K-tec twin 3 to my 1.2 16v

H22A7 Accord Type R

.......not sure if im happy wi it yet!!! :confused: it was a b**ch gettin the old exhaust out in one piece for a start! I will have to fiddle with some of the clamps as the exhaust is rattling under the car.............but the main thing..........

It gives me a headache driving it! its so bloody loud! constantly booming away!!! lets just see if i get used to it! cant believe how loud it is! is it actually legal??? lol........ off for a headache tablet, ill let u all know more later, after i have had it on for a bit!

**Robs off with a ringing in his ears!

H22A7 Accord Type R

nah ive fallen out wi the car lol, till me ears cool down! then need to go for a blast

H22A7 Accord Type R

HMMMM.......think im warming to it now!!! sounds a bit better wi the windows up at nite, having had them down all day in the sun. it is very loud!!! but, it bubbles and warbles nicely hehe! just need to get back under the car tomorrow and adjust the clamps to stop it rattling! and see if i can get it to sit a bit better! pics soon once ive cleaned it ppl ;)

Skoda Fabia vRS

give it a few weeks mate to settle in, mine sounded a bit harsh at first but then the sound changes once its got a coatin of carbon inside

dunno if you heard mine properly at Southport but its VERY loud

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Keep in there with it....it will settle down after about 500 miles. Needs to soot up to stop the resonance.

I have the quieter system on mine now and even that was still a bit loud but its settled down a treat now and is about the same volume as the original but with all the growl of the K-tec...MMMmmm!!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Monday morning in the big brother house, the K-tec rips up to annoy the neighbours................and wakes Rob up in the process!!!!!!!!! Bonus!!!!!! im now liking it a bit more...........tune in tomorrow for an update! :oops:

Mate im so f**king jealous its untrue!

So did you fit it? How hard was it with the height adjustable bits and bobs? More difficult that fitting your average zorst? Was it your first time doing one and if so do you think a novice (me) could do it with just the instructions supplied? Sorry for the questions mate but im desperate for this zorst!!! ANy more details greatly appreciated.

Cheers

-Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

Rob, fitting is was a b**ch, bt mainly due to having to take the rear bumper off to get the standard exhaust out in one piece! I had a mate helping who is pretty good wi stuff like this, but really, fitting the new one is only a case of unbolting and bolting some bolts lol!! As for the height adjustment, erm, the only adjustment i have is on the hanger that goes around the back box.

I had to fiddle with it a bit, as it rattled like hell at first, my centre pipe clamp (which didnt arrive with the rest of the exhaust, and arrived on my doorstep half way through fitting the nex exhaust-i didnt even know it was missing from the initial delivery, which is a bit bad as i would have to take the BBox off to slide it down the centre pipe......Have i got any more bits missing from my order i wonder? lol), anyways, the centre clamp seems to be the wrong size, the rubber is stretched and squint to make it fit, the centre pipe is too close to the rubber for the clamp to fit it right....... (ill get pics of under the car). Erm, what else, yeah just messed about with the back box hanger to make it sit ok.........so all in all, the exhaust is fitted.

Rob, my first thought were really of what the hell have i done! it was so loud!!! i guess im gettin used to it now. it sounds nice, very growly, but its ALWAYS there! u can hear everything the engine is doing, all the time, except when u are sat at traffic lights. The best bit.........rolling slowly in 2nd gear with your foot off the accelerator......hehe it pops and spits!!!! its cool as FCUK!

When ya are in the mood, its MINT! lovely burble and makes the sh*tey 1.2 16v sound so much better! Down side, it is impossible to drive it quietly at any time at all! Im scared of getting pulled by the police at night!

Top marks to David at K-tec, he has noticed i am a bit zigged by the noise of the thing and he has been in touch to offer some advice! What he said to me was truly amazing aftersales service!!! And i thank him for that! So i shall see what becomes!

well, thats about it for now. picking my gf up later, so she wont be impressed with the car, she says it makes it sound broken lol! Wimen! oh, Rob, my dad has got home with his camera.....ill nip out and take a pic for you.....5mins mate!

Rob

Just a quick Q whilst were on the subject of K-tec exhausts...would the K3 exhaust option (the single 3" rolled in) be just as noisy, or not? I do a lot of motorway driving!!!

Looks like it points down at the ground a bit, can it be ajusted anymore to fit flush with the bumper??

Also how much was it?

Rik

Skoda Fabia vRS

its not photo shopped, its like that all the time

i was wonderin that at Southport mate, how come all you lads had cut up number plates ?

time to twist the back box bracket round to get the exhaust nearer to the bumper,

touching is near enough

H22A7 Accord Type R

Brun, all us lads wi cut up number plates?? Only ones i can think of are myself and Holdz 206 lol! and he only done it because i did! ClioJohn, you are bound to see loads of cut number plates up your way, as thats where i got the inspiration from lol! Nah, it aint a photochop! Tis my plate.

BamBam, if i push the back box further up the bend hits on the heat shield. Thats as far up as i can get it without it rattling

Thanks for the reply Rob. Im now wondering if i should the centre exit exhaust now though to be different? I think ill leave fitting in Davids capable hands! Nice pics btw.

Couple more questions though, is your car lowered and have you had any trouble with speed bumps with the zorst?

Cheers bud

-Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

Hey Rob, ive lowered it 40mm, aint had any trouble wi the exhaust yet, but its not been on long! To be honest, i always take it easy over bumps, and the exhaust sits well enough up, so it should be sound! got to watch when reversing up an incline tho, as im sure it will get pretty close!!

Ive just got the same K-Tec exhaust on my Mk1 172 this week - tried fitting it last Friday night with a bit of help from a mate - nightmare - getting the old one off was the worst bit - took an angle grinder to do it too - lol - neither of us had a clue what we were doing i was just keen to get it on fast. The new one went on pretty easy but there didnt seem to be enough clips to hold it on properly so it looked wonky as hell, so spent Saturday driving round trying to get it done properly - by which time it had nearly fallen off! hehe

Finally got a garage to fit it on Tuesday but had to go back Wed and today as well to get various rattles and knocking noises sorted out! (mine doesnt have an adjustable bracket on the back box either).

I liked the sound of it until i got on the motorway and realised how loud and constant the noise is - its pretty hard to talk to passangers abouve about 3k revs!

I got the larger centre silencer on mine as well with the hope it wouldnt be too loud but i was mistaken! i just hope it does quiten down when it gets lines with soot as i do a lot of motorway driving.

Has yours quitened down at all R3OBC since driving it more? What advice did David give you about yours? when i ordered mine he said it would be fairly quiet with the centre silencer!!

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2

Benj, all of our twin 3" systems have an adjustable rear bracket. The systems do quieten down after a few hundred miles.

David.

R3OBC, nice work. Ive got the same k-tec on my cup, installed by k-tec. You may want to pull the rear box in a bit as the tailpipes stick out too much. when theyre all black youll end up fouling your trousers every time you open the boot etc. Id say an inch further back in.

Other than that, I have the mid silencer on mine, and it used to sound boomy on motorways but better now that Ive put a few hundred miles on it. Its about to get a few thousand more with the summer season approaching..

Have fun with you new exhaust.

Renault Laguna Sports

Fitted K-tec twin 3 inch to my 1.2 16v today, no probs. If u cut the old pipe where the new one joins it comes off easy. Could not believe how loud it is !!

H22A7 Accord Type R

hi all........ClioJohn, i cut it because id rather see my silver paint that horrible yellow number plate, but each to their own.

Ian 172, i got my evo sticker from the goodie bag at the motorshow (i bought the magazine there)

As for the exhaust, we went to Blackpool last night, first motorway trip......boy its loud!!!! With me having 4 ppl in the car, and it being lowered, ppl were telling me it looked a right c**t on the road, like it was falling off, so this morning, i have been under it again, moved the back box bracket around and got the tail pipes pushed closer to the bumper......looks much better! Just had to bend all the heat shields about to stop it rattling! best bit about fitting it yourself......u know where to look and what to do!

Must say, the 1.2 16v is good on the motorway (dont laugh 172 owners lol), and the K-tec gives it a nice, unrestricted feeling! 4-up going to Blackpool and managed *15 easy enough!!! cool! Loud, but ppl in the convoy had a good laugh at the noise as i passed lol!

So, all is fitted properly now (i hope) so i shall see how it all develops!

Cheers for now, Rob

H22A7 Accord Type R

....another thing Cliojohn......if i got a scotland plate on mine, id probably get my car smashed up living down here in Yorkshire......especially when it comes to football matches n the likes..... :confused: kinda nackers that for me

Cheers Rob looking good. I would like it but dont want to be a copy really, maybe i should go for this centre exit one they do?

H22A7 Accord Type R

get the twin 3 mate! urs is black, wont b the same lol! we all drive clios hard to be different lol! Get it bought, u know u want it! plus i want to hear your views on it too lol! (ive pushed it closer to the bumper now, took a screwdriver to bend my heatshields to stop it rattling! looks much better now its closer!)

finally got my exhaust fitted, had a couple of problems, mainly it kept rattling all the time. The pipe kept touching the back axel, maybe cause the car is lowered 60mm, im not sure. But after adjusting it a couple of times I think its finally sorted. One of the best sounding exhausts ive heard for ages, and it does seem to be getting quieter since the first time it was fired up. Well pleased!