ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting A Cup Spoiler To A 1.2

Hi all

Finally got my cup spoiler this morning but the garage have already colour coded my motor and it should be ready tomoz.

Anyway, Ive took the cup spoiler to be painted but they said they wouldnt have time to fit it.

So my questions are:

How do I take off the original spoiler?
And what modifications are needed to fit the cup one?

Been told I need to extend the washer jet pipe? How?
And that the brake light connector is different?

What do I need? Thanks

A bit of washer hose?

How wide are the water pipes then?
Not sure on the connectors either, havent looked yet.

I did this to my old clio. (If I can remember with out going to look at my car) Open the boot, look up, you should see six screws with the star shape heads on them. Two on either side and two in the middle. After unscrewing these, the orinigal spoiler should be free to lift off. Dont be afraid to give it a good pull, it will come off in the end..

I didnt need any longer washer pipe, although the spoiler I put on was a normal 172 spoiler, not a cup spoiler.

[Edited by richross on 21 December 2004 at 1:40pm]

Fabia vRS

I have a spoiler at home with different connectors, where can i get a convertor from... I think u said R3OB C has had the same problem, will have to speak to him i guess.

H22A7 Accord Type R

zzzzzzzzzzz why do i always have to explain lol!!

6 screws from inside boot and spoiler comes off..........pull upwards too as there are clips (probably break them anyway - not essential). Ok, brake light wire needs extending.........i soldered 2 tails from the CUP LED, put a snap in connector on the end of it, and put the other part of the snap in connector on the car wiring....so thats the brake light sorted, once u have got a mate to hit the brake while u hold the wires on, to ensure u have them the right way around (canny mind which goes to where from top of my head).

Washer pipe.........i cut it at a mid way point, used a piece of the inside of a pen (thicker than ur average Bic ink tube), pushed it inside the existing pipe, and re connected the other end............done, extended! I need to take my spoiler back off cos i think this extension piece has came off, doh! Tape it up when u do it gee!

Common sense, patience, a soldering iron and some wire..........take ur time and work it out ;) and dont open the boot fully till its screwed in, and have a mate hold the spoiler whenever u open the boot!

zzzzzzzzzzzz

for an easy life..........keep the standard one haha

172 cup'd extreme

ive got the double type, i didnt extend the washer hose but the connector for the breaklight was different i just chopped the wire and re-connected it, the spoiler is easy to fit, 2 t20 torx and 4 6mm allen key bolts and your done, it clips over the boot lid so be carefull with the paint .

H22A7 Accord Type R

yea but u canny reconnect the connector as the cup one doesnt come with the connector on it........if ya see what i mean. U will sus it out gee!!

H22A7 Accord Type R

Like i said Gee, need daylight mate, and u aint picked the best time of year to f**k about wi stuff like this without a garage :confused:

Well it came late, not anyones fault, so they said they mite not have time. Lots on at the mo.

Gonna be booting around with a sh*tty standard spoilor!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!