ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer kits- what do u think??

Ive been thinking about gettin lusty clio a flamer kit for her centre exit exhaust. Theirs a company near me who can supply and fit a fuel boosted flamer kit for £60- this means i wont have to rev it up to 5 grand to ignite as the fuel booster will produce effortless flames even on tick over, depending how long you hold the button down.

I think it could look really cool if used correctly and safely, but im not sure if its a bit of a chav mod.

The idea came about when a skyline overtook me and at every gear change released small flames, and it looked sooo cool.

FF Blackgold 182
Best left for the Fast and the Furious generation imo. Personal choice tho I guess.

That reminds me another reason i want one is when i see a car quite far behind approaching fast i could just ignite a small flame, just to stop them thinking about getting too close.
I always attract tailgaters, mostly tosser business men in big vw passats, van drivers etc. Ive had sooo many people nearly run into the back of me when i have to stop quickly.

I wouldnt use it when they were so close that it damages their car, but when their a safe distance away a quick flame should keep them 2 seconds behind me instead of half a second.

do it! sounds pretty cool! hope you know that its totally elegal thou!

I know, i thought about waiting for the show season to start then gettin it done to use at the shows. Ive noticed that people flock towards cars at shows, which put on a flamer kit display.

Flamers are for knobheads. If your car pop's flames out naturally on overrun fair enough, but putting a coil on and a spark plug on and in some cases a gas cylinder then you're very very sad.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
there a bit old now plus the police wont even lube you up before they rape you if they see it

Last edited:
I think they could have you on criminal charges not just motoring violations if you have an item which has only the purpose of shooting jets of flame out of it.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i think its only if they see you using it

prob get a fine and not let you use ur car till they have seen its been removed

Not a fan at all myself, I used to have fun in mine by switching off the ignition and blipping the throttle and then turning it back on! Used to create a nice flame and bang, but that was generally saved for when someone was to close to my back bumper!!

80MPG BEEZA
if you wanna roast chavs why not do the opposite and freeze them? just fit a nos purge kit to your car and install the jets facing out of your arches, when u stop at lights and there's some chavs peering at you, whooosh! wouldnt personally myself though i'll just buy a box of eggs :)