ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Mate i can be about Saturday now if you wanna give the seats and subframes another crack ? those 2 spacer bits we took off the door side of the car should boost the subframe up about 2cm.

Never above 25mpg
Real progression on this fletch! Liking the seats! Tried to fix my own seat today but my jack is shite! :(

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Some advice needed before Fletcher and I proceed. Is it safe to use an eyebolt in place of the bolt holding the subframe down and act as a mount for side harness?

3319dd7c.jpg

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I use the same clip on mounting points as what dave has linked to above using the seat bolt locations, and the rear belt anchor bolts. works a treat if you have snap in / out harnesses.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Update:

We've got 12.9 grade nuts and bolts plus a length of iron bar to raise the gearbox side.

Now we're off to the pub in the Hilux Cup :approve:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
looking good mate really like the seat choice 2

Cheers :)

Update:

We've got 12.9 grade nuts and bolts plus a length of iron bar to raise the gearbox side.

Nice burger and pint :approve:

....Thanks for answering some questions today Sir_Dave, Dave. And a big thanks to Tim for spending the afternoon working on the Fletch bus.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers :)

Update:

Nice burger and pint :approve:

....Thanks for answering some questions today Sir_Dave, Dave. And a big thanks to Tim for spending the afternoon working on the Fletch bus.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
What is left to do then mate ?

We've removed the passenger seat today but somehow managed to put a massive tear in the Recaro when it caught on the b pillar :(

Tomorrow is bucket seat and subframe out, frabricate the metal strip to raise gearbox side, subframe back in (hopefully level), bucket seat and harnesses in.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

What is left to do then mate ?

We've removed the passenger seat today but somehow managed to put a massive tear in the Recaro when it caught on the b pillar :(

Tomorrow is bucket seat and subframe out, frabricate the metal strip to raise gearbox side, subframe back in (hopefully level), bucket seat and harnesses in.

Also need to remove the rear windscreen wiper.

A real shame what happened to the Recaro, but hey s**t happens I guess :dapprove:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Oh Tim you are funny ! They are out then i take it ?

Metal strip? what is it one piece that goes from one blot to the other ?

The seats are both out now. But If I can't get the bloody Revolution bucket in level tomorrow, the Reacaros will be going back in again ;)

Yeah Chris I got a long steel strip from the builders merchant.

EFA

I personally would try to remove it properly first :rasp:

It would be quicker with the dremel mind...

Last edited:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
True, iv done it for far too long now tho for you to fail and give up on the seats so dont leave there till there perfect Tim !

haha.

Good progress being made guys. Shame i'm so busy with my kitchen refit, need an excuse to get away and would have been a great laugh chucking my poor mechanical skills in the fire.

Shame you're busy ATM Pete. Team Anorak always welcome new mechanics!