ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Update:

4d4ac44d.jpg

More to follow....

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
No problem mate, I'll put the rest of the progress pics up tomorrow morning :)

I enjoyed the journey from Winnal to Chandlers Ford via Morestead to Corhampton :race:

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Here's an update of the progress Fletcher and I made on Friday.

First thing was I asked Fletcher to move the car but he had taken out the seat! Reason being I preferred it facing up the drive when working under the car without axle stands :eek:
4d4ac44d.jpg

After a trip to Merlin Accesories in Winnal we had purchased all the 12.9 high tensile bolts we needed. Much better than cutting down B&Q high tensile bolts :p
2041d142.jpg

The trip back from Winnal to Chandlers Ford was via the "Hampshire Ring" aka Morestead to Corhampton. I have to say the R26 is epically quick on a B road blast :D
Detour.jpg

This 15 mile detour though meant we missed the postman delivering a "signed for" letter that we hoped was an important part we needed. Ooops!

While waiting until we could go for the letter we test fitted using the vibration washers + an extra metal washer on the gearbox side.
06998ed7.jpg

And it was level!
8d645af8.jpg

After a trip to the Royal Mail depot in Eastleigh we had the Schroth B23A Bracket. Thanks Dave for the link :)

Subframe, sidemounts, Corbeau seat and Luke harness fitted. All bolts torqued to 30NM (first time I've ever torqued bolts LOL).
0cebf089.jpg

The mounting points used for the harnesses. Lap belts used the oem position on door side and Schroth Bracket on gearbox side. Shoulder straps used eye bolts in rear seat belt points on bench floor and side of the car.
50af039e.jpg

Finally picture of the seat and harnesses and wheel :approve:
c210ce11.jpg

Still slower than an R26 though so some engine mods needed now Fletch ;)

Team Anorak Racing now offers semi-professional seat fitting and wheel refurbs.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the progress update Tim.

Yes your R26 isn't shy at all mate.

....I think I am going to order a passenger side seat soon. I miss scaring my passengers ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Looking great guys!! Although slightly concerned about the rival 'driveway based motorsport preparation company' ;)

Although if you want both harnesses a bit straighter to the back of the car, i.e. less angle on the outside strap in this pic:

50af039e.jpg

Buy an M10 eyebolt and use the rear isofix mounting hole for the harness.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully you get it ordered asap!

I am working on it Tim, I've got a long list of things to buy for it!

That seat looks tight and light! Harness is nice matches the burg well!

Cheers Lawrence, they've been sat in a box for 2 years waiting to go on.

Looking great guys!! Although slightly concerned about the rival 'driveway based motorsport preparation company' ;)

Although if you want both harnesses a bit straighter to the back of the car, i.e. less angle on the outside strap in this pic:

50af039e.jpg

Buy an M10 eyebolt and use the rear isofix mounting hole for the harness.

You and the guys at Failsport have nothing to worry about Dave. Team Anorak still have a lot to learn..lol

What size M10 would fit. 20mm eye bolt was slightly to big for the isofix mounting hole?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You and the guys at Failsport have nothing to worry about Dave. Team Anorak still have a lot to learn..lol

What size M10 would fit. 20mm eye bolt was slightly to big for the isofix mounting hole?

lol. You forget, FailSport only have one associate who actually knows what they are doing (sort of), i just follow guides, Nick has a 'mechanical' brother, & Ollie, well ...

I used 2 of these eyebolts for the rear :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Today I had a few hours spare so carried on spraying the stripped interior matt black. No pics yet as I have used 2 cans, and still nowhere near finished :(

It does look a lot better/ tidier though.

182 trackday racer
So 23mm spacers did the job with OMP subframes for you as well? Still cant figure out why they are made this way, makes no sense.

btw how much did your seats weigh? Says on a sticker under the seat.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
It quite tempting. May well do so fletch
:cool:

So 23mm spacers did the job with OMP subframes for you as well? Still cant figure out why they are made this way, makes no sense.

btw how much did your seats weigh? Says on a sticker under the seat.

I agree, you would think the OMP subframes for a Clio would sit level :rolleyes:

The sticker says 6-7 kg. They're bloody light, so I'd say nearer the 6kg mark!