ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Looking Good Fletch! we really need to catch up and you need to take me for a spin.

My car has been put on the back foot recently due to amount of pennies and I have been Riding loads lol!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
+1

Launch control is for gays!

PMSL

Just install the overrun map, you don't do many traffic light grand prixs!

I think It's going to stay as it is for a while now Tim.

That's not strictly true, I've seen him drive ;)

Me, never..;)

Looking Good Fletch! we really need to catch up and you need to take me for a spin.

My car has been put on the back foot recently due to amount of pennies and I have been Riding loads lol!

Yes mate, long time no see :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
***Quick update****

I finally removed the headlining.

5662145914_3f16b8633e_z.jpg

5662146992_3cdbdd1a51_z.jpg

And had a go at the huge tar patch on the roof. I stopped midway, as I burnt my finger, and was getting tired/hungry :dapprove:

5661577917_71fef80645_z.jpg

And how it now sits..

5662147366_b0078837c6_z.jpg

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
It always makes me laugh how big the patch is under the headlining, took me forever to remove it!

Coming along nicely :)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Me too :(

Only on the one side though, I still can't get rid of that orange glue. Just won't budge :(

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
It's so much thicker then the other patches..lol

I'll hopefully attack the rest of it tomorrow!

Tell me about it!

Be careful when you go at it, make sure you get plenty of heat at it and use your fingers to pull and pick it off - don't dig a scraper into it like at all the other patches on the car - you'll get horrible little dint marks in the roof :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Tell me about it!

Be careful when you go at it, make sure you get plenty of heat at it and use your fingers to pull and pick it off - don't dig a scraper into it like at all the other patches on the car - you'll get horrible little dint marks in the roof :(

Thanks for the tip mate. I have been taking it really easy, as I don't want any more dents.

Qashcow
Yea they were a biatch too! Don't heat the roofup too much, mine got too hot and burnt the metallic Shiz in the paintwork on the outside. Looked fine in daylight but when it had water droplets on it, the roof was brown!!! Thats why I have a black roof now lol, cheaper to spray black ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yea they were a biatch too! Don't heat the roofup too much, mine got too hot and burnt the metallic Shiz in the paintwork on the outside. Looked fine in daylight but when it had water droplets on it, the roof was brown!!! Thats why I have a black roof now lol, cheaper to spray black ;)

Ooft! How much heat did you put on it!!

Bet the black looks mint now though :)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I don't want that to happen!

I'll take it easy mate :)

Qashcow
550 degrees Celsius pmsl. That'll do the trick. It was un-noticeable during day or most sunlight, but looked awful when you could see it

Brake and clutch cleaner on the glue, was shown that by someone else - works a treat. You'll need a 5l bottle though from an autofactors.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Brake and clutch cleaner on the glue, was shown that by someone else - works a treat. You'll need a 5l bottle though from an autofactors.

Cheers Tom.

I got lucky with mine, the patch came off with the headlining like it had never been stuck to the roof.

One of the tar patches come off with the headlining... IIRC the 172 cup didn't come with the big tar patch.

Paint thinners and degreaser I used to get the glue off and ready for painting afterwards

Good stuff.

I think I'll paint it black to match the rest of the interior.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mine did...one of just five patches throughout the car, one inside each rear quarter panel, two tiny ones near the spare wheel well, and the big one on the roof.

I thought the cups didn't have tar patches ( for weight saving purposes)

I wonder how many other 172 cups also came with tar patches then?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Good lad, get rid of the little light unit and wires. You can have your climate control fan hidden away then.

Shame the visors weigh quite a bit too, not tempted by a tw*t strip?