ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fletch's 150k 172 Project..

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Love it fletch!! Can't wait to see it :) we need some more meets!

I have just got some 16's for the ST! Hopefully ordering my new seats in the next weeks along with coilovers and a new map!!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
fletch where did you get the seat from? really want a set of these, but £400+ for each side is going to kill me! haha

I got the seat direct from Corbeau Ryan. Carbon Kevlar Revolution £650 each. The GRP versions are £550. You can probably get a 2010 seat from Balance motorsport of somewhere cheaper mind.

Very nice, now get them in there

Will do Chris.

Love it fletch!! Can't wait to see it :) we need some more meets!

I have just got some 16's for the ST! Hopefully ordering my new seats in the next weeks along with coilovers and a new map!!

Good stuff Matt.

Yeah we'll have to meet up soon mate.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I hope I have as much interest in mine when they go up for sale tomorrow!!

V jealous on the seat, ice decided against the pole positions now after trying one today. Bimarco in the burpspeed car was far better, I'd love revolutions but a pita on the road :(

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I hope I have as much interest in mine when they go up for sale tomorrow!!

V jealous on the seat, ice decided against the pole positions now after trying one today. Bimarco in the burpspeed car was far better, I'd love revolutions but a pita on the road :(

Yes Dave I have had a lot of interest in the Recaro trendlines. If only everything was a easy to sell as them and trophy turinis!

I will miss the trendlines mind :(

What was wrong with the Recaro PP's mate?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
To be honest mate, the bimarco felt a lot better, and is a third of the price!! Can't justify spending that much mate.

I sat in sir Daves & the burpspeed car in the past week and fitted perfectly. Apart from Daves little legs that is lol

Saying that he was surprised my fat arse fitted in it!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Fletch has gone a bit ott with the toweye :rasp:

60fe2025.jpg

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
^^^I can't believe you stole my 'Genuine' cup racer tow eye ;):(

Big thanks for giving up your saturday afternoon Tim, Chris to work on the rattle box :approve:

Seat is now in but not sitting level, as the OMP subframe doesn't really seem fit for purpose.

I'll buy some more washers, to try and level it up, and sort out a new harness ASAP as I don't have seatbelts fitted atm.

I bought a heatgun yesterday, and got to work on the tar patches, I'll get some pics up later.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes mate, thanks a lot for all your help though fella.

I think I am going to pop over to Screwfix later, and buy some more M8 washers and give it another go.

Godspeed also had problems with his OMP subframes, and that they were out by quite a bit too!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-specific-seat-subframes-wount-fit&highlight=

The bolts we cut down, i left quite long so you should be able to get quite a few more on there hopefully. Not ideal but will work all the same :)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Some pictures of progress made yesterday by Team Anorak Racing AKA Chris, Fletcher and Tim.

Chris and I turned up and Fletcher was still out in the Hilux Cup so I decided to nick his genuine Cup toweye and replace it with my Meganes toweye.
60fe2025.jpg

Here's what we started with nice Recaros and carpeted interior.
987ea610.jpg

Chris doesn't take kindly to banter/advice/criticism
7e358122.jpg

Chris under the car struggling with the last bolt which is pita with exhaust in the way.
9dda2d17.jpg

Recaro out, plastic trim removed, carpet removed/ripped (by Fletcher)
1dbe8d53.jpg

After trip in the R26 to Machine Mart and B&Q, Fletcher purchased a heat gun to remove tar patches and M8 bolts to fit OMP subframe.

Tar patches in boot and under drivers seat removed using the heatgun (excellent for 20 quid) and a chisel
7a52dcf1.jpg

709bdf70.jpg

OMP subframe is way out as mentioned above, we packed it up with all the washers we had but still didn't look level.
Finally the seat is fitted (for now)
730a50d3.jpg

Not bad progress by Team Anorak Racing, shame the OMP subframe isn't level and Fletcher needs harnesses with snap hooks/eye bolts.

Think options are pack with more washers, bolt side mounts to floor, or purchase new subframes.

big boost cup
looking good i want some proper buckets now.
Think i have some of them harness hook things knocking about

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
looking good i want some proper buckets now.
Think i have some of them harness hook things knocking about

Yeah 'proper' buckets are great fella :cool:

I think I am going to order a Sabelt cheap 4 point jobbie tonight, so that I can drive the bloody thing soonish!

Thanks for the pics Tim.

*****Todays Progress*****

I have removed all of the interior carpet now, and a load more tar patches (I now have a full carrier bag of heavy tar)

I purchased some more M8 washers to try and adjust the seat, so it sits level but didn't have the time today to fit them. I did adjust the seat, so it sits slighty closer to the pedals/steering wheel.

I have removed the drivers seatbelt too.

5543825256_52d01b37ec_z.jpg

5543826760_60705b2394_z.jpg

Making progress matey!

When you sya that the seat doesnt sit well, does it slant to the side? If so just get it straight using the holes on the sidemount chap, had to do the same with mine and i'm using Cobra subframes! There all pretty pants and you have to just keep on adjusting them until they seem alright.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Making progress matey!

When you sya that the seat doesnt sit well, does it slant to the side? If so just get it straight using the holes on the sidemount chap, had to do the same with mine and i'm using Cobra subframes! There all pretty pants and you have to just keep on adjusting them until they seem alright.

Yes Nick it does slant to one side mate.

5543384549_7d48fc4bf7_z.jpg

My Dad did suggest adjusting the sidemount holes each side earlier, so they sit level. I'll hopefully have time tomorrow to have another look at it whist it's still daylight.

Yeah just chuck it up a hole front and rear on the left hand side sidemount, will sort your porblems out! Thats how mine was at first, and btw, get rid of the washers on the subframe as thats something not even Failsport would do ;)

p.s. Enquire within should you want some more 'experienced' seat fitters ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah just chuck it up a hole front and rear on the left hand side sidemount, will sort your porblems out! Thats how mine was at first, and btw, get rid of the washers on the subframe as thats something not even Failsport would do ;)

p.s. Enquire within should you want some more 'experienced' seat fitters ;)

Cheers Nick :)

If I can't sort it, I'll have to pop up and see you and Mike ;)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah will be fine chap, all the pressure is going to be going to the bottom of the sidemount/on the base subframe. Had it like that on my Cup for ages now and trackdays included and nothings gone wrong (touch wood!).

Good stuff :approve:

Mikes currently out in France on Failsport business as we speak, broadening our horrisons so to speak ;)

ummmm Interesting.....

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
No way! lol

I'll have to borrow Tim's Jack again this week. I should have the passenger Recaro out soon, if you've got the funds for them ;)

Mate iv had the funds since Christmas ! Anyway £350 isnt that much TBH ;)

I might be about Sunday hopefully if you get it out by then but if not i can come get them after work some when next week?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm glad you're experiencing all this pain with the seats :rasp:

It'll make it so much easier when I come to sort a second seat out if I can tap into some friendly CS 1st hand knowledge.