ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Football Manager 2012

I love Lamp
Try David Santon. I've taken my rose tinted specs off for that suggestion, he really is as solid as they come.

Yeah has great potential, my back 4 is currently

Santon - Cahill - Subotic - M'Bengue

If anyone needs a keeper go check out Handanovich, absolute god and he is dirt cheap, so good I had to youtube him and I can't believe I hadn't heard anything of him he looks imense irl!

LY 182
If you've got a bit of money then Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach is a great buy for GK. Possibly best young keeper on the game. Got him at Everton and he's doing the job.

Focus ST-3
If you've got a bit of money then Marc-Andre ter Stegen from Gladbach is a great buy for GK. Possibly best young keeper on the game. Got him at Everton and he's doing the job.

Ive heard he's a bit of a beast, deffo checking him out later, mannone and fabianski want out, i never pley them..

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
I onlygot him at 12 last night so played my first friendly and he did pretty well, got an assist, only played 50 mins though. I now have Gotze, hazard, and Neymar lol, along with RVP and Walcott, got a hell of an attacking line-up!!!!

how the hell have you got them three on the transfer budget from arsenal, if gotze was 50 million?

Focus ST-3
how the hell have you got them three on the transfer budget from arsenal, if gotze was 50 million?

Additional clauses, only paid about £15m up front for him. Season one i got about £43m to start and then they increased to about £60m, then season 2 they gave me about £30m and i have sold a few players throughout the game to raise another £20m or so. Arsenal have got bags of money available!!!!

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
ahh good thinking, when i read it i was like someone uses the real time editor lol. when im arsenal i never do clauses i never really know what to go for etc, whats the best clauses to put in?

Focus ST-3
ahh good thinking, when i read it i was like someone uses the real time editor lol. when im arsenal i never do clauses i never really know what to go for etc, whats the best clauses to put in?

Depends really, I sometimes use the monthly payments, then you can spread the cost over 48 months (4years), or if it is a player you will use as back-up only then offer £0 upfront with a fee paid after so many league appearances, think you can set it at 50. then if he is only back up it will probs be 3 season before he gets near to 50 appearances!!

LY 182
All my transfers with Everton that are upwards of 5mil or so are split around 50/50 for up front fee / monthly installments. It's no wonder my summary report always says the club is in a poor financial position! :cool:

Is anyone finding when you get to around Jan/Feb time that the game seems to decide "you've won enough, your losing no matter what?" In about 3 different saves (different teams, different expections and leagues) I have gone from winning 3/4-0 a game, to losing 2-0 with the players doing absolutely retarded things.

LY 182
Is anyone finding when you get to around Jan/Feb time that the game seems to decide "you've won enough, your losing no matter what?" In about 3 different saves (different teams, different expections and leagues) I have gone from winning 3/4-0 a game, to losing 2-0 with the players doing absolutely retarded things.

Do you change tactics much? We all get the odd game where you just can't win for s**t but having several different tactics seems to help at times otherwise the system just makes the opposition field horrible tactics that you struggle against.

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
Not so much a clause, but I always try and remove yearly wage rises from new contracts and increase the agents fee. You never know what financial situtation you'll be in the following season and you could find yourself in trouble if the majority of your team are on a yearly wage rise.

Focus ST-3
Not so much a clause, but I always try and remove yearly wage rises from new contracts and increase the agents fee. You never know what financial situtation you'll be in the following season and you could find yourself in trouble if the majority of your team are on a yearly wage rise.

spot on. If you raise the agents fee slightly then you actually get the ability to drop all fees for the player like wage, app fee etc as the agents are money grabbers

LY 182
f**k me! Major major case of game's f**k you over system...

Firstly, draw 0-0 at home with Villa despite smashing Wigan 4-0 the game before and being in good form. Villa are 12th FFS.

Secondly, I beat Dnipro easily then get to next round and play Metalist (yeah f**k knows who they are) 1st leg at home. They score a 25 yard half volley screamer 1-0, then a ridiculous 40 yard screamer 2-0. Then that stupid moment that seems to happen when they're attacking and your defender makes a tackle but puts it in the net yes good one so 3-0 down at home for f**k sake. Make 3 subs then after 73 minutes my striker gets injured so I'm down to 10 men...

Massive FUUUU!

DCi
I pretty much never make 3 subs because you almost always get an injury.

If I'm winning I always just do a sort by condition and sub the most unfit players haha

LY 182
f**k me. If I didn't have a Macbook I'd have broken this laptop by now!

2-2 draw away to f**king Derby. Hit the woodwork about 5 times. Players suddenly forget how to pass. The other team literally takes 20 seconds to take a throw in or free kick.

Sometimes it's very apparent that SI Games have taken advantage of their dominance with this game and not bothered with the match engine.

/Rage

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Another game lost where the game just didn't want to let me f**king win

2419hd0.jpg

The next game I'm going to play with a completely changed 11

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
on my arsenal save ive found if i put RVP as right attacking midfielder he gets sent off he plays striker he gets goals and if he comes on off the bench he gets injured, every bloody time 13 matches in and he has had 3 red cards, 2 injuries and 6 goals

LY 182
I'm doing my nut in here.

Sneaked 3-2 win away to West Ham then lose 2-1 at home to f'kin Swansea. Top 4 is gonna require getting results against the big teams away from home now, don't fancy my chances.

Really don't get this game sometimes... Beat Man Utd 3-1 at home but lose to Swansea, okay then.

Wish I personally knew the game developer so I could tell them how f**king stupid they are lol.

LY 182
f**k me what a strange, strange end to the season! But...

0cK62.png

tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

(Flol at United though, smashed it. Only loss was against moi haha)

I love Lamp
(Flol at United though, smashed it. Only loss was against moi haha)

United and Hernandez are stupidly good in the first 2 seasons, proper untouchable it's a joke.. then Fergie retires and they absolutely plummet LOL finished 4th/5th on mine next season they are just picking up and fighting for 3rd now lol

I was chatting to my mate about FM10 last night as hes thinking of gettingthis one and we was reliving our proud moments and he reminded me that he had a stadium built after him on his United game lmao, The Loeper Stadium, a 100,000 seater.. I had forgotten about that, he had managed them for like 20 seasons haha was trying to get them cleared of debt but they took massive loan to build that just as he was getting close LOL ledge

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hernandez is ridiculous in my game, especially for Mexico

By January in the third season I think he's 70 games played, and 80 goals scored for Mexico

I fear Hernandez more than Rooney when I face united tbh. He is absolute dynamite.

On a side note re debt, how is the best way of going about clearing it?

My wage budget has consistently been at least 100k under what I'm allowed, so not making a loss that way, but I'm making something like £1.8m loss each month?!

Focus ST-3
I fear Hernandez more than Rooney when I face united tbh. He is absolute dynamite.

On a side note re debt, how is the best way of going about clearing it?

My wage budget has consistently been at least 100k under what I'm allowed, so not making a loss that way, but I'm making something like £1.8m loss each month?!

I am in the same boat, I'm under my wage budget but make huge a huge loss each month. Best way of cutting it is to sell players obviously, not sign players on monthly installments, stop sending scouts as far a field, cut back on staff levels (scouts mainly, arsenal have about 15 when you start!!) other than that not got any other ideas!

LY 182
Yep Hernandez is an absolute dreamboat when set as a poacher.

Cookie, I'm 5 seasons in on my United save and he's International record is insane. I'll grab a screenie later!

I got a couple of mint youth players on free transfers last night, both got 4* as their PA.

Both 19, one a CB, the other a DM. Just what I need. Love a bargain like that.

DCi
I am in the same boat, I'm under my wage budget but make huge a huge loss each month. Best way of cutting it is to sell players obviously, not sign players on monthly installments, stop sending scouts as far a field, cut back on staff levels (scouts mainly, arsenal have about 15 when you start!!) other than that not got any other ideas!
it's rare to manage a team that profit every month, the main trick is to actually look at your balance sheet before you spend transfers and see what you can really afford -it often differs from the budgets set.

I won the johnson paint trophy last night with Swindon, I don't think I ever got it for the last few years when they were in L1 but now they've been relegated to L2 I got it first game with them haha. (I got a 36k bonus for winning and had to pay my squad about 145k as a bonus which was annoying until I saw my gate reciepts jumped up about 300k for the month :D)

LY 182
I just make stupid transfers the club really can't afford! :eek:

Got a £27mil deal in place to sign Lucas Moura from Sao Paulo (look him up if you've not heard of him, beast). Transfer budget 13mil so offered like 8 up front and 18 over monthly installments rofl.

Serves me board right though. Some new bloke took over the club, I've just got in to the Champs League FFS gimme so dollar b**ch! :clown:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've also noticed that players ideal role changes

Rooney started out as a Deep Lying Forward, in the third season he plays best as a Trequartista