ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

for all 172 owners

does anyone out there notice that if they drive thier 172 like a granny for a few hours, then rag it the car seems sluggish, but then after 10mins of driving it hard it seems like the engine loosens up and it feels really quick and responsive?

am i just imagining this or has anyone else noticed this?

I do notice the rev-limit & point at which the gearchange indicator comes on, vary sometimes. If I am having a solitary blast it lights up at 6200rpm & limiter kicks in just after. On a prolonged kicking, it desnt light up till just before 7000rpm, and the limiter lets you run on until 7200rpm.

i have noticed that its best performance is when you just start it, but you cant enjoy it coz of engine wear :(

shame need to get some sorta swith to fool the ecu in thinking you have just started the engine

Quote: Originally posted by star_slayer on 02 November 2003

i have noticed that its best performance is when you just start it, but you cant enjoy it coz of engine wear :(

shame need to get some sorta swith to fool the ecu in thinking you have just started the engine

This may have something to do with the air temperaure senser get an cold air intake and the engine will suck in cold air which means more power. A 4 degree rise in engine intake air temp =~1% lower performance so the intake air will be warmer when the engine is hot.

^ I think this is right anyhow.

EDD

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I find that I have to keep the car on the boil (drive at about 4500rpm) for a while then the car seems to get all smooth and then it really flies.

If I dont do that and then give stick (even if the engine is properly warmed up and revving to 7000rpm) it doesnt seem to perform as well

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

I use my car almost every day without fail, but from time to time on weekends it doesnt get used, then i find, when i use it on the monday, its fantastic, wants to go racing off straight away? , its very strange, always this way when it hasnt been used for a day or two?

320d M Sport

its alll to do with the emissions test it has to pass, there was a big post about it last week, they all do it.

My own experience is the same as viceroy. So If Im going for a drive I take a trip down a dual carrigeway for a short while and sit at about 4000rpm - then go for a thrash!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Yes same thing for me, If I granny shift for a long time then rag it it seems sluggish, but after 5 minutes of ragging it really starts to fly again.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Me bored.. well just a bit.. this was on page 21.. does that quality for bored ?

clio sport 172

got in my car this mornin....let it get up to temp of course, then booted it, my eyes lit up as it just pulled up to !40 :) but then my gear change indicator come on :( ..gutted..just as the fun begun!

BTW...roads were empty and wasnt racing....dont agree with dangerous driving or risking other ppl.