ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

For those that have ever attended a meet.

Ph1 172.
Did you tell your IRL friends that you went? I foolishly told my mates i went along to one and it resulted in a torrent of piss taking. :dapprove:

They had a bloody field day when i said i was off to a RR day as well.

Dynamique Flamer
Whats wrong with attending meets if thats what you want to do? :S Some people car too much about what others think IMO

Ph1 172.
Whats wrong with attending meets if thats what you want to do? :S Some people car too much about what others think IMO

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not really bothered if they take the piss, it's what we all do it to one another and i will continue to attend. It was all a bit of pub 'banter'. I was just curious if others had had the same reaction?

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Lol my mates always take the piss out of me for being on here,they think its full of geeks.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mates abuse me senseless for belonging and attending internet car clubs.

Albi blue 197
its like my mates are all into there v dubs and i get the piss took coz ilike my clio it a joke

SQ5
"Clio Friend"

3461604727_1a8028c4ba.jpg

Mates though, no one really care and take the piss a little bit! Even if they did I'd still do it!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3540/3461604727_1a8028c4ba.jpg

BMW E92/Audi S3
No one I know takes the piss. They're into their cars as much as me.
Though, my female mates rip the shite out of me.
"Your sad"
"They're just cars"
"My pants have a weird smell"

Peddled device
My mate calls me if l see another CS driver on the road.He says "Ooh ...is that one of your little friends?"

He's never driven.And he owes me £70.

ITB BG 182
"Clio Friend"

3461604727_1a8028c4ba.jpg

Mates though, no one really care and take the piss a little bit! Even if they did I'd still do it!
Class program!

on subject, if you really worry or are bothered what people say think or do when they know about you attending then dont do them or simply dont tell people.
I personally dont give a rats ass what people think about me and go about life the way i want to, i enjoy the things i do and that is that.

White clique
A couple of them take the piss, but there are always plenty of things to take the piss out of with me so i don't care really! I'm used to it.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
My usual response to little shoites who take the piss is DILLIGAF.

Clio 172 Cup
Most of my mates are into there cars, so generally they prefer to come along. Despite them all being into VW's.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i aint been to one yet but iv told them that il be going to one, they all seem to say, "why you going to a cliosport meet when you dont even have a sport" though most of them will ask to come along lol

Evo 8 MR
I've told most of my friends and even workmates and they seem to think it's quite normal, never had the piss taken out of me for attending a meet.

172 Cup
I consistantly get abuse in work, just because I am looking at cars on here they say "Your getting a new car again?" or "You will never be able to afford that!". I just don't understand, am I not allowed to be interested in cars and to look at them?!!

I have one or two mates who are interested in cars luckily, but even so If I told them I went to a meet they would abuse me, but I enjoy it, it's all a bit of banter at the end of the day.

I consistantly get abuse in work, just because I am looking at cars on here they say "Your getting a new car again?" or "You will never be able to afford that!". I just don't understand, am I not allowed to be interested in cars and to look at them?!!

I have one or two mates who are interested in cars luckily, but even so If I told them I went to a meet they would abuse me, but I enjoy it, it's all a bit of banter at the end of the day.
Thats exactly what I get from my friends!!!
But, same with you, it doesnt bother me one bit! At the end of the day, im driving a car that (IMO) looks good and there driving sheds or boring cars! :rasp:

And back to the first question, I wouldnt go out my way to tell them that im going to a CS meet (or any car meet), but if they ask me to come out and im going on one then ill tell them!

Some people just dont understand! :rasp:

Clio 182 Trophy
I dont get the p!ss ripped but most of my mates don't see the appeal and I often hear comments like "It would make sense if you were driving to a big city to get ruined then drive back the next day... but I don't get it".

Thing is that is coming from a group people who didn't even realise you were supposed to change the oil in cars. They thought you just had to top it up lmao!

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I get a few digs for owning an 'old man' car (a Proton) and the Clio has been referred to as a 'hairdressers car', but it's all in good fun.

My m8s don't really say anything about going to car meets, but some of the lads at work ask if I am going to see my 'car friends' (from the inbetweeners, as posted earlier). I have some backup at work though, one lad has a tuned Fabia VRS and talks about the Skoda forum.

ibiza cupra
my missis is worse for it than my mates but they enjoy giving me a bit of stick for it too. and they are al into their cars too

320d
Some of my mates do take the piss. To be honest not one mate of mine is into cars, other than "I want a 1.6 Focus".......

I realy wish one of my mates was as into cars as me.

S4 Avant
My mates just accept that it's something I do, go off once every couple of weeks and hang around fast cars for a bit. Perfectly normal and blokey.

It helps that we have a V6 turn up to most meets (Addz), and various other stupidly tuned things that come along (Coops Mk1). Makes for interesting meets.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
I once invited a friend to come with me to a meet. We were just about there and he decided he was to scared to meet "internet people". We didn't attend in the end.