ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forza 4

Favourite Forza 4 Circuit?

• Total voters

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I've no room for a proper setup. :dapprove:

Ideally, I'd have a Fanatec, pedals and seat setup, but clutch gives you miles more options, even with a pad.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, I've no room for a proper setup. :dapprove:

Ideally, I'd have a Fanatec, pedals and seat setup, but clutch gives you miles more options, even with a pad.

I'll have to try that then. I've simply ignored it as an option as obviously the G25 wheel won't work with the 360. Does it take a while to get used to it?

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I love Suzuka.

Remember to remap the clutch button to 'A' mate. Makes it much easier to coordinate your shifts and blip the throttle when changing down. If you don't, it'll lock the rears up in a RWD car, obviously.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Tricky one. I really like Maple Valley and Sunset Peninsula (strange as they're both fantasy tracks), but really rate Laguna Seca and Suzuka too. Went for MV in the end.

Anyone got any guilty pleasure cars? I currently LOVE my Ford Falcon :eek:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tricky one. I really like Maple Valley and Sunset Peninsula (strange as they're both fantasy tracks), but really rate Laguna Seca and Suzuka too. Went for MV in the end.

Anyone got any guilty pleasure cars? I currently LOVE my Ford Falcon :eek:

Yes. My Lotus Carlton. :)

Stock on power at the minute, but I've been shedding its bulk while addressing the suspension and brakes. It's still a bit of a handful in the corners - tight ones especially. But it more than makes up for it on the straights - often powering past most things in the Class B 500 field.

Stock colour and rims too. I like the look of it as it is! :eek:

Thanks for the clutch advice Chris - I'll try that later.

D.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, clutch is so much better mate.

Say you're coming into a tight corner way too hot; just downshift without matching the revs and get the rear wheels to brake for you as well.

Or if you've got a RWD car that's got a tendency to understeer in slower corners and you're running out of track; give it a quick jab of the clutch to get the back out. Done. :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Need to play around with a Carlton actually, not done on this yet.

My current daft car is a completely standard Alfa Spider, other than an 8C engine, lol. It's stupid, but so much fun. I've also decided that one of the best noises in the game comes from the 8C engine - 3rd gear, take it to 4k and let off until 2k - awesome noise.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Say you're coming into a tight corner way too hot; just downshift without matching the revs and get the rear wheels to brake for you as well.

Or if you've got a RWD car that's got a tendency to understeer in slower corners and you're running out of track; give it a quick jab of the clutch to get the back out. Done. :eek:

Spot on. Kicking (pressing :eek:) the clutch mid-corner can be very handy.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Sounds like I'll need that on the Carlton - lol!

The clever thing with tweaking and upgrading the cars in this is that you can easily surpass what is usable. I've totally ruined the S2000 I have that's sat in A-class at the minute as the chassis simply cannot cope with the power. It's still woefully short on torque in line with the rest of the field as well - meaning that getting just one corner wrong allows the rest of the opposition to pull away easily.

D.

A mate of mine does that kind of thing. Completely ruins great cars by getting carried away and throwing as much power as you can at it.

All the cars reach a natural limit of what the chassis can realistically deal with. Trick is to find the limit and go no further.

That said A class isn't crazy for an S2000, perhaps look at the geo/tyre pressures and gear ratios.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
A mate of mine does that kind of thing. Completely ruins great cars by getting carried away and throwing as much power as you can at it.

All the cars reach a natural limit of what the chassis can realistically deal with. Trick is to find the limit and go no further.

That said A class isn't crazy for an S2000, perhaps look at the geo/tyre pressures and gear ratios.

That's what makes it fun, imo. I got getting my ass handed to me last night in a Boosted B-Class race from a Focus ST. I went through five different cars including a 22B, RX-7, Sierra Cossie, etc - before the Carlton came out trumps. It's easy to whack as many available class 'points' into mad turbos and displacement increases - but they normally cripple the car when a lot of other items are left as stock. I probably spend as much time in the Upgrade Screen as I actually do on track.

I haven't done anything gear wise with the S2000. That's probably a good place to start! :)

D.

Nippy white cup
I love making silly cars with stupid amounts of power just for a laugh...but equally I love the fact that banging a big laggy turbo on can **** the car up on certain tracks when compared to a smaller turbo with no or very little lag. I do need to do more actual tuning to my cars tho...I have a few that are pretty quick but with a bit of fine tuning could be great

Chris

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
My nsx can be chucked into the corners and it just holds its balance. No way near as twitchy as some of my cars lol.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
We need another race series (lol) like the MX5's! That was good fun, despite my car being slow as feck in a straight line.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
We need another race series (lol) like the MX5's! That was good fun, despite my car being slow as feck in a straight line.

Agreed mate. What could we go with?

Similar rules. Pm teh Turner!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Something random. I'm thinking yank tanks with decent rubber, standard engines and strippage. Maybe.

I just haz Eric Bana in my head, lol!

AG 200 cup
Can't believe how easy the huayra is to drive despite all the power and rear wheel drive. Made a zr1 engined impala aswell which is mental and quite surprised at how low you can lower it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Gallardo Trofeo Series?

The car we got with this latest DLC. You can plaint them white and then use them as a blank canvas for you own design. It has to be your own though... no purchasing pro designs! ;)

They're a superb car as well. Really, insanely grippy.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my vote was a basic alrounder track being maple valley. Depends mostly on what car Im in as to what track i enjoy the most in that car lol.

Love the point to point races for fujimi.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah my vote was a basic alrounder track being maple valley. Depends mostly on what car Im in as to what track i enjoy the most in that car lol.

Love the point to point races for fujimi.

My vote was for Maple Valley too. To say it's a fantasy circuit, it's really well done. Great mixture of sweeping bends and that run down to the start straight is epic. :)

D.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
My vote was for Maple Valley too. To say it's a fantasy circuit, it's really well done. Great mixture of sweeping bends and that run down to the start straight is epic. :)

D.

Flat. Turn in. Close Eyes.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Haha yeah I have stuffed that corner a few times lol.

Me too mate. Turn in that little bit too late and the you miss the camber in the road which helps tuck the nose in...straight into the wall.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Just doing the pagani huyara round it on the new rivals mode lol. You do have to turn in at that perfect time i didnt manage to go flat out in the huyara though lol.

Managed to just get myself rank 384 on the leaderboard in that rivals mode though. :rasp: