ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forza 4

Favourite Forza 4 Circuit?

• Total voters
  Not a 320d
I wish theyd put the Forza 2 style dials back in, revs and speed in the middle of the screen when in bumper cam, and the turbo boost guages.

I hate the fact its on the right hand side.

Rekon if I mailed them theyd accept my request lol?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That last video with DG talking you through all the features was awesome.

Can't wait for it. Car clubs sounds brilliant too, as does the TG content!

tAiMa.jpg

RUQea.jpg

xezB7.jpg

gJFyj.jpg

OCAoB.jpg

Clio 1.2 16v
I really, desperately hope they put In some proper French cars. Ok the current Renault cars are ok, but could do with a Ph1 172 or Ph2 172/182, I don't really care, just give us one haha! Willy would be nice too, and an EK9!

Heres hoping they don't just chuck in cars known well either in America, on Top Gear, or on Jalopnik.

More French cars on FM4 = WIN!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Faaaaaaaaack!

Nuff TG content! Looks incredible!!!!

As I said to Chris last night, I'm so glad the replay of the TG test track uses the original camera angles.

This gets better and better by the day. I'm glad there's a genuine GTO in there now... I won't have to port my replica over to 4 now. :eek:

lol, btw car "soccer" has been confirmed and now so no more using a light/small car as the ball and Cayennes etc as players. I'll grant it was rare we played tag/virus etc but could be a laugh. Supposedly lots more info/content still to be announced.

Nippy white cup
Yeah the most important thing about the tg test track was for it to have proper angles for the replays.....if they announce real white alloys and some more english hot hatches I think I may splash all over myself

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Oct this year IIRC Craig.

The TG stuff looks f**king awesome to be fair.

Bit of a poor comparison but gives you an indication even filmed off screen rather than direct capture the difference between Forza 4 and GT5.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.8 Civic EX
I think they may be overdoing all this Top Gear content tbh, not saying it's a bad idea but seems to be bit of a shame that they are almost relying on it being the main selling point for the game.

Just me?

I don't think they are overdoing it tbh. It's just adding extra atmosphere and content to a great racing game franchise. If you've got the licence and ability to work with Top Gear you may as well use it rather than making a half arsed addition to a game just to get their name on the box.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I think they may be overdoing all this Top Gear content tbh, not saying it's a bad idea but seems to be bit of a shame that they are almost relying on it being the main selling point for the game.

Just me?

It's a small percentage of the game mate. Watch the preview on the last page. There's loads!

It's not like they're just sticking a track on there to be able to use the name, like Polyphony did. lol

1.8 Civic EX
I don't think they are overdoing it tbh. It's just adding extra atmosphere and content to a great racing game franchise. If you've got the licence and ability to work with Top Gear you may as well use it rather than making a half arsed addition to a game just to get their name on the box.

It's a small percentage of the game mate. Watch the preview on the last page. There's loads!

It's not like they're just sticking a track on there to be able to use the name, like Polyphony did. lol

yeah fair points, agreed it's worthwhile making the use out of the license to use Top Gear content etc

Just so long as it doesn't end up becoming a Top Gear game as that would make me sad :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I guarantee that won't happen mate, it'll be a feature that enhances the game, rather than taking over it.

1.8 Civic EX
saying that, (correct me if I'm wrong) but wasn't the original Top Gear computer game one of the only racing games to include a Clio Williams?

1.8 Civic EX
there was defo a game that had the williams in it, possibly wasn't called Top Gear though....going somewhat off topic now, I'll shut up.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Wasn't Top Gear. That was out on the SNES before Top Gear even came on the scene.

Was a great game, too, but very generic although looking similar to NSX, Ferrari etc. cars (4 to choose from)

snes-top-gear-box-front.jpg

Top_Gear_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg

Nippy white cup
Wasn't Top Gear. That was out on the SNES before Top Gear even came on the scene.

Was a great game, too, but very generic although looking similar to NSX, Ferrari etc. cars (4 to choose from)

snes-top-gear-box-front.jpg

Top_Gear_SNES_ScreenShot3.jpg

Top Gear is a lot older than that m8..infact it is even as old as me! :(

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
That gameplay looks super smooth! Glad to see they kept the 60FPS of Forza 3, despite it looking prettier.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How are some people so bad at driving games? Can you imagine him in our multiplayer lobbies? lol.

On the bright side, the Alps course looks AMAZING!

Looking at the map that's only one of several layouts. I love the whole camino camino viejo area/tracks on Forza 3 so it's got the potential to be cracking.

I'm also wondering how likely it will be we might see a section of the Stelvio pass as a track as there were a couple of shots of it on the leaked trailer from April. I suspect it's more likely a top gear themed home space for showcasing your cars in the "screen saver" type mode Forza drops into if left in the menu though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I was thinking that. It'll be like Camino Viejo, with multiple layouts from the single track.

A section of Stelvio or Turini would be mint!