ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Frayz's 550bhp+ Prodrive edition Impreza build...

TTRS, 172 Cup track
Proper tidy car mate!

Just been reading through start to finish.

Quick question though, if just under 600hp is your aim, how comes you used such a big turbo? A gtx3076r would give about the same power but spool alot earlier? Or am I missing something with scoobies?

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Proper tidy car mate!

Just been reading through start to finish.

Quick question though, if just under 600hp is your aim, how comes you used such a big turbo? A gtx3076r would give about the same power but spool alot earlier? Or am I missing something with scoobies?

Not missing a thing mate. When I bought my 35R the GTX turbos were untested and all a bit hit and miss. Turbo technology has moved on and it's on my "to do" list to swap to a SC billet 3076. However I've just purchased a house that needs renovation, so while the car works, I can be bothered to spend money on swapping the turbo. But you're right, the 30 GTX, will now do what my 35 does. I'm just lazy. Lol

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Great day at CSS13
Even won "Best non Clio"

Cheers ClioSport ;)

4a87833df116d6c87aa0a10f79087ab2_zps64a29f8a.jpg

f4ddfa94ff78febfe7b58fcdcffdf5ab_zps01daa3cf.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Not suprised you won tbh..

As im sure iv said before.. Cars a real credit to you!

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
So glad I got to see this car In the flesh (well metal) haha i was the welsh bloke that stopped to talk to you while you we're giving it a quick clean ;) really nice to meet you bud, cheers for talking to me

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to say hi as you were driving in, but by the time I was able to come and look at the car you'd gone :dapprove:

​Absolutely every bit as good in the flesh as it is on here. Epic, epic machine, well done.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Nice to have met you mate, cars epic.

We where chatting at the services.

Scott.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Great to have met all you guys too. Thanks for all the kind comments and all that came and chatted to me.
Was great to see so many nice Clios too, I just wish I'd spent as much time on the cars as I did on the planes. Lol.

Hopefully our paths will cross again and we can have a good chat. :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Well after 9 years my cars worn gold wheels of some sort.

It's was time for a change so I took quite a big punt on these. Always anxious of the murdered out black on black look. But I must say, so far I quite like it.
So far I think it makes the car look pretty brutal even when stationary. Also swapped to small stone guards rather than full mudflaps for a less rally look.

I need to get these Goodyears off and my own tyres on, and tempted to change the colour.

What do we think?

RAYS Volk Racing CE28N 18x8, ET44 ltd edition diamond black.

Sorry for the quick phone pics, I'll get out and take some good ones soon as I can.

imagejpg1_zps758e7fdb.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsb10df6dd.jpg

imagejpg3_zps7eb4ab3c.jpg

imagejpg4_zps8d6ce26e.jpg

imagejpg7_zps5c3cdeb0.jpg

Kaylan mini stone guards

imagejpg6_zps422cc83b.jpg

imagejpg5_zpsca01bbd9.jpg

I agree with you I usually really hate the black on black look but on this car it just works.

The new wheels look fantastic and they really suit the car.

Very nice indeed.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
LOVE the wheels. Dare I ask roughly what they cost you? Or is that wince-inducing to bring that price back up?!

How do you rate the F1's? They were a great tyre on the Evo for me, but even with just daily driving, I was surprised at how quickly they wore down.

D.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
LOVE the wheels. Dare I ask roughly what they cost you? Or is that wince-inducing to bring that price back up?!

How do you rate the F1's? They were a great tyre on the Evo for me, but even with just daily driving, I was surprised at how quickly they wore down.

D.

I didn't buy them new. The cheapest I can find them is $850 per rim in the US. Then you need to add duty and vat. So probably around £3k by time they get here.
I paid £1500 as they are and the Goodyears are going. I'll be putting my Michelin Pilot Super Sports back on these rims. The Goodyears just don't have the grip. I took her for a quick test drive on Thursday and she would easily break traction in 2nd in the dry. The Suoer Sports will do that but you have to be either in the wet or you really provoke them in the dry.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. I still love that exhaust too. Best performance exhaust I've seen on a impreza.