ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Got my winter Speedlines back from Karl @ Rim Renov8 in Colchester tonight.
Superb job, wheels are mega sparkly, nicely finished and the Speedline logos are paint not decals so they’re perfect and under the lacquer.

A82060D9-23EF-42A0-9ED9-E47967C4B27D.jpeg

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
They’re all clowns mate. Drifting by default is toss.

Love driftworks YT channel, it’s not about drifting. It’s mainly Phill’s cool toys (Lambo GT1 build, GT3, 964 911 turbo, v10 M3, M3 CSL, E30 M3 etc) and the clio track action now with Jay & the Craig from dynotorque in his mini (plus some vids on restoring his Pajero Evo) The Aston Martin Craig built was pretty cool too.

It’s actually one of my fav channels as they all seem like nice blokes.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Love driftworks YT channel, it’s not about drifting. It’s mainly Phill’s cool toys (Lambo GT1 build, GT3, 964 911 turbo, v10 M3, M3 CSL, E30 M3 etc) and the clio track action now with Jay & the Craig from dynotorque in his mini (plus some vids on restoring his Pajero Evo) The Aston Martin Craig built was pretty cool too.

It’s actually one of my fav channels as they all seem like nice blokes.

I will openly admit I’m taking without having seen any of their content.
However I just don’t do YouTubers as I just don’t find any of the crap on their valid. Nor am I interested in their projects or opinions as I don’t respect any of them.

I’ll watch someone like Chris Harris, Jethro, Metecalfe etc. But I’m not into all the car channel shite out there and all the Influencer, Instatube bullshit either. Most if it is utter clickbait trash and I’ve more important things to do. Lol

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I will openly admit I’m taking without having seen any of their content.
However I just don’t do YouTubers as I just don’t find any of the crap on their valid. Nor am I interested in their projects or opinions as I don’t respect any of them.

I’ll watch someone like Chris Harris, Jethro, Metecalfe etc. But I’m not into all the car channel shite out there and all the Influencer, Instatube bullshit either. Most if it is utter clickbait trash and I’ve more important things to do. Lol

I think you’re confusing these people with Jake Paul lol. There’s lots of quality channels I watch on youtube, I never watch normal TV. Harry is one of my favs, I even watch his farming channel too. Driftworks is one of the better ones IMO as they’re all really down to earth and some of the projects are a petrol heads dream.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
This^^^

You other boys crack on with all the YouTubestagramers, not my bag, i just dont have time for it.
I'd rather read some proper stuff in print by people i respect or do my own thing. :)

I'm with you. I'm probably a bit stuffy because I'm in that business, but most "influencers" or YouTubers just aren't bringing anything to the table. I want someone who is qualified to have an opinion, but most of them are just rich blokes who can afford not to work and travel about driving flash cars. Harris, Catchpole, Bovingdon are my usual go-to reviewers, as they speak my sort of language when it comes to cars.

I do find it quite worrying how little some of these people actually know about cars, even some well-known journalists, but I think that's just a sign of the times. If you look at most car Facebook groups, most people don't know s**t and don't seem to care. As long as it's flashy and the host says "guys" 10,000 times in one video, that's enough.

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Speedlines look ace mate. When i have my 2118’s redone i will have the decal done like that as the stickers look great until you use a jet wash on them...

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
Driftworks is a channel worth watching. It's a fun atmosphere and you can learn some new stuff, pretty amazing s**t going down there.. Would recommend to anyone :)

Indeed, I don’t really know why it’s being lumped in with ‘influencer’ wanna be gangsta channels and whole rants about them. They couldn’t be further from what you guys are moaning about

The accent comment was because they’re northerners (still bad I guess) not “u get me bro” menaces.

Jay must be lurking on here too, Jay??

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Back on topic.

After 127k miles my original climate panel was still perfectly functional but the button logos had worn quite badly. Pickup a spare climate panel from a member which was still a sticky sport item but I was going to steal the buttons from it because they were mint. When I stripped it down i decided to clean it all up anyway and seeing as it came up nice, I decided to use it.

I’m still after a tidy non sticky dash tip section and hazard panel if I can find one. I’d love to have these all painted in an OEM satin metallic colour one day along with the door pulls. I’d like to do more on the interior really as it’s where most of my time is in the car.

It’s only a small thing but it makes such a difference to lifting the interior.

Spare panel as arrived.
C0CDB92E-97E4-4DCF-BC1D-AAC4443C3B38.jpeg

Spare panel after a strip down and clean up.
85FC95C2-C1E5-4289-9011-CDA0B679C26A.jpeg

My 127k mile panel with tired buttons. (This pic makes it look about a million times worse than it is to be honest ha)
8572D705-8C04-4556-BB97-844012721097.jpeg

Spare panel now fitted.
61B74FF7-8A73-4072-8EAC-9CCE25F22577.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Back on topic.

After 127k miles my original climate panel was still perfectly functional but the button logos had worn quite badly. Pickup a spare climate panel from a member which was still a sticky sport item but I was going to steal the buttons from it because they were mint. When I stripped it down i decided to clean it all up anyway and seeing as it came up nice, I decided to use it.

I’m still after a tidy non sticky dash tip section and hazard panel if I can find one. I’d love to have these all painted in an OEM satin metallic colour one day along with the door pulls. I’d like to do more on the interior really as it’s where most of my time is in the car.

It’s only a small thing but it makes such a difference to lifting the interior.

Spare panel as arrived.
View attachment 1492761

Spare panel after a strip down and clean up.
View attachment 1492760

My 127k mile panel with tired buttons. (This pic makes it look about a million times worse than it is to be honest ha)
View attachment 1492762

Spare panel now fitted.
View attachment 1492763

Cool! I literally dug a climate panel out of my spares on Thursday to do exactly the same. Sticky panel but good buttons. The buttons on the one in the car are one of the only things that let it down! I might have a spare non-sticky hazzard panel. Looking forward to seeing your wheels!

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
This^^^

You other boys crack on with all the YouTubestagramers, not my bag, i just dont have time for it.
I'd rather read some proper stuff in print by people i respect or do my own thing. :)

I agree with you totally, however I honestly think you would like the work that this Craig chap has done on the Aston, he does weird things like fitting quiet exhausts and genuinely looks like he doesn't want to be filmed at all

Another epic build by normal interesting people is this:

Amazing build done by engineers not influencers.

Anyway, Frayz amazing project! I'm upto page 10 and its great stuff. Were you on Passion Ford at somepoint btw? I swear I've seen your bugeye years ago and was dead impressed by it just can't think where I read about it as I'm not on Pistonheads.....

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
I agree with you totally, however I honestly think you would like the work that this Craig chap has done on the Aston, he does weird things like fitting quiet exhausts and genuinely looks like he doesn't want to be filmed at all

Another epic build by normal interesting people is this:

Amazing build done by engineers not influencers.

Anyway, Frayz amazing project! I'm upto page 10 and its great stuff. Were you on Passion Ford at somepoint btw? I swear I've seen your bugeye years ago and was dead impressed by it just can't think where I read about it as I'm not on Pistonheads.....

Yep, Passionford since it started pretty much.
Impreza was on most forums inc Scoobynet, NASIOC, Pistonheads, here as well as a few others.
Also on MiniTorque for the brief period I owned the shitbox GP lol

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh nice, I used to be on there lots in the RS Turbo section. Not been on there for years but must have been where I read the scoob story! Do you still have it?

Broke it for parts last year after a 14 year ownership. Not the ending I would have wanted but it’s happened for various reasons out of my control and I was left with a basically an impossible situation with it.
This happened right as our little girl arrived and frankly I decided I wasn’t prepared to haemorrhage any more time and money into it. I had my Cayman R too so was hardly left wanting and decided I had better things in life to worry about.

Amazing chapter of my life, one I have very fond memories of, I miss it enormously but don’t want to back and don’t ever care to revisit it. Life moves on as they say.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear that buy happy you don't sound too cut up about it. Funny how kids rearrange project priorities right!

If our little one hadn’t just come along I think the devastation of it would have really got me down. She provided all the distraction I needed just at the right time.
I’m too old to worry about stuff like that anymore. Just make your peace and move on.

Now I have my old 182 to dick about with and the Cayman when I want to play in a proper sports car, not to mention a beautiful wife and amazing little girl. I feel very lucky indeed.

Couldn’t really be happier to be honest. 🙂

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
BTW sticky panels etc. I see that most people just scrub the soft touch paint off, another option maybe to source some Audi 2K soft touch interior paint (part number LLS MAX 6PS A1 )

I plan to do this when the time comes, assuming it can still be bought.

1598984578263.png

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Have you actually used this stuff Rob? Any good?
I've used soft touch 2K before on product prototypes however it's usually very expensive for small quantities, it sprays just fine. I've never used the VAG stuff but hoping it would be more reasonably priced, I believe it's also available in various Audi interior colours so I would be amazed if a dark grey wasn't available, the part number I linked is for black.

I'm planning to call a mate who works at an Audi dealer this week to see if it's available and to get a price, do you want me to let you know what I find?

2K satin would be far easier and cheaper and would look pretty close but wouldn't feel right and if possible I would like to get as close to OEM as possible.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Damn they look good in Anthracite. I wonder how much spacer they would need to clear brembos 280 or 300mm setups.