ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

From a 1.2 to a 172

Mazda 3 MPS
Hi guys, turned 21 over xmas and decided it was time to move up from this...

IMG_0825Medium.jpg

to this ...(sorry for the phone quality pics, will post more when the weather's better)

Photo-0025.gif

Immediate mods were Osram Diadems (personal preference over silvervisions) and a Richbrook Tax Disc Holder

Before..

Photo-0020.gif

After..

Photo-0023.gif

Photo-0027.gif

Gave it a quick rinse...
Before...

Photo-0017.gif

After...(rained :dapprove:)

Photo-0034.gif

Photo-0031.gif

And one final after taking her for a little spin...

Photo-0035.jpg

Future mods over the coming 6 months include c/f splitter, 3/4 front plate, sportlines possibly and new style renault sport badge.

Thanks for looking :approve:

Clio
nice 1 mate, please dont ruin this one like you did the 1.2 mate, keep it pretty much standard, its a nice car!

Mazda 3 MPS
I promise you all I won't ruin it. I went through a phase with the 1.2. C'mon, it didn't look 'that' bad :cool:. Needless to say, I've seen the light and have grown out of all that... this one will be staying as it is.

It's a dream to drive, but the ride is a lot harder and stiffer than I expected it to be so I'm not gonna rush to lower it.

Bad time of year to go throwing it around bends quickly too so atm I'm just enjoying the acceleration in straight lines ykno.

Thanks for all the comments guys :approve:

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
nice one mafiew, looks pretty sweet, you be able to catch up to me next time i pass you on the motorway now,, lol...

Mazda 3 MPS
Well done fella, good choice ;) The roads around your area look quality for pictures !

Yeah, there's loads of really good roads around here (south wales). If anyone's ever down this direction then give me a shout as I'd love to go for a blast with another 1*2 at sometime.

Need a South Wales meet soon guys!

Mazda 3 MPS
nice one mafiew, looks pretty sweet, you be able to catch up to me next time i pass you on the motorway now,, lol...

Lol, I'll do my best to stay with the Cup Power, gotta learn to handle my car properly first tho ;)

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
if you fancy going for a spin sometime fella, give me a shout, i'm always up for a drive, i know a couple of fellas who will come as well...

Mazda 3 MPS
Definately mate, as soon as it starts drying up a bit now we'll go for a blast aound the black mountains or up your way somewhere. I'll look forward to it. Cheers

clio 1.2 - 51 plate
i'll come up the black mountains, seen the veiws up there and would make out for a couple of good photo shoots, like you said though, when the weather gets better....

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
nice car mate, your 1.2 isnt that bad either tbh, ive seen much worse!

diadems are the future!! ive got them in mine and had them on my last clio although most here dont agree with them lol

Mazda 3 MPS
nice car mate, your 1.2 isnt that bad either tbh, ive seen much worse!

diadems are the future!! ive got them in mine and had them on my last clio although most here dont agree with them lol

Thanks mate, I had silvervisions on the 1.2 but found they still showed a fair bit of orange at the back of the bulb, these osrams almost completely get rid of the fried egg effect and I think they go quite nicely with the iceberg. I like them anyway :approve:

M2 Competition
Where abouts in south wales are you fella? Gonna organise a driving weekend in wales at some point, any advice on good roads would be appreciated.

Oh, and i thought the 1.2 was alright! Kinda like an ickle cup, lol

Mazda 3 MPS
Lol, thanks peperami. South Wales Swansea Valley buddy. About 8 miles from the Brecon Beacons, 2 miles from the Black Mountains, and 10 miles from the Gower Peninsula.

Really nice views all around to be honest. I'm not sure I'd be competent enough to reccomend some decent routes as I'm new(ish) to the meet thing, however if you PM Evandim or timsmeganer26 I'm sure they could reccomend some good routes. I'd be well up for tagging along with you guys though and I'll try and help out where I can.

Math

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
looking good mate - is the first pic the road leading from crickohwell to a junction where you can turn left to beaufort and ebbw vale?

Mazda 3 MPS
No buddy, it's up on the Black Mountains heading toward Capel Hendre. Top Gear have used it a couple of times.

My old car again but the pic shows a better view of this road...

IMG_0849Medium.jpg

and another of the view from the top...

carrearview1Medium.jpg

Whereabouts in South Wales are you from James?

Clio MK 4
nice one mate. I did the exact same upgrade except i had a 1.2 8valve corsa then went to a iceberg 172. I've had it 6 months now and still puts a smile on my face when i give it sum