ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

from wrx to williams

WRX Sti

After months of looking,picked up me new williams yesterday.was looking for a car to replace my much loved wrx which had to go due to running costs.After 5mins of driving the clio I can honestly say it blew me away,even after the wrx!The handling is on par with the skoob,the noise it makes is superb and its plenty quick down the straights too.Ive got this forum to thank for helping me to choose the clio!Surfed in one day started reading about how highly the car is talked about and thought it sounded like the car for me.love-in it!!

Welcome wonders - mine is going to be my longest owned car soon. Usually they dont make it past 6 months before I get bored.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Im thinking of crossing to the dark side in a few months time what sort of running costs were you experiencing wonders? Whats the difference in a straight line?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

welcome matey....... williams are great cars!!!!

martin s im also thinking about that too! not 100% sure though id be doing the right thing!!

WRX Sti

Took the clio out for a drive to newquay yesterday first chance to really go for it!Williams actually feels snappier in first and second cus you aint got to wait for the turbo,but booting it where is even slightly damp and it wheelspins so easily!Feeling of speed is greater than when your in the skoob,but i think but the subaru did have astonishing abilities in the rain.In a straight line in the dry if you didnt get much wheelspin,it would be closer than youd think,the skoob would be in front but i honestly dont think you would lose the clio in the dry.Think hard b4 getting a skoob unless you got plenty of spare cash.Fuel bill really is frightning,but i found insurance aint as bad as some say ,they are g8 cars though and it was good when the other owners waved!Mind you u,ulot seem like a welcoming bunch of dudes too:cool:

Well, as for other owners waving, you wont have that very often as I for one have never seen another Williams when in mine!

But you do get waves from all sorts of drivers and people even slow down as they pass on the motorway to get a closer look at the car!

Id wave at you Ben;)

Had a vew Valver owners come into my work and ask for a tour of my car Lmao - but no waving up here either.

WRX Sti

cool ,yeah people around town have bin starein a bit!I ment to say the skoob prob wouldent lose the clio in in the dry on my earlier post too!How do your williams compare to stuff youve had before?

Martin/Eves,

As wonders says, think alot before buying a scoob.

If you do alot of miles then its going to cost you the earth, and with services every 6 months/7.5k (whichever is first) its not cheap either (the average 3 year service will cost you around 400 quid, a 4yr service is 500 quid, 2 year service is 300 quid, intermediate services are around 100 quid).

Now saying that, ive just bought my second scoob ;) but i run 2 cars (i put 200 quid away per month for both cars, insurance, servicing, tyres etc) but it is worth it, just for the experience ;)

Tony

wonders Ive driven a few things a fair bit - Classic Scoob (218bhp) - VTS - RX7 (280bhp) - RS1800S - RSTurbos. Nothing is as much fun - I find bigger cars less chuckable too so that could just be me. Its not as fast in a straight line as a lot of things but giving it full pelt on a back road is superb fun and something I havent tired of.

Costs have been really low - whilst my mates single figure MPG rx7 sits in a driveway for most of the month due to running costs - my Williams gives me 25-40mpg.

ive had mine for 2 months under a year now and when i park it and get out i still look back at and think to myself how much i love it, i dont think i will ever be able to part with it :)

Welcome to the family Wonders. So lets have the dirty details on the car. Williams 1, 2 or 3? Milage? Mods? Come on man spill the beans..........

WRX Sti

ok king.stromba! its a williams 2 mreg.only 48k!!with stainless backbox and airfilter the only mods.Got it off a female owner-her hubby bought it for a christmas pressie 3years or so ago,now they hav got divorced she wanted rid of it.I paid 5k for it,i think i did alright price wise,well u lot can tell me if i did or not!Thanks 4 the warm welcome m8.

Hey wonders, where do you live? Im in Devon just over an hour from Newquay, and im down there quite often on the lash. Only just picked up my williams this week too. Got a nissan Pulsar GTiR as well, I love drivin it but insurance was over a grand (im 22) and the fuel bill is fu<kin ridiculous! Couldnt bear to sell it though, as i was after one for ages and ended up getting one imported from Japan in the end, so I sold a half share in it to my dad and bought a williams too! Its a great little car and it handles just as well as the GTiR, although it wouldnt touch it in a straight line, country driving wouldnt be much difference between them (except ABS). Yeah, mine spins up everywhere too! unlike the GTiR (4x4) would only spin on grass or ice/snow. Im really pleased with the williams, get good performance and styling with affordable insurance and running costs too! I do like imprezas, was thinking of getting one before i got the GTiR, the main thing that put me off was that there is so many of them about, and i like to try to stand out a bit by having something different, which is where the williams does me proud again!

Williams + GTiR = one skint owner!

lol, dont get me started on the GTI-R versus Williams debate again.:mad:. 5k isnt a bad price if your car is mint. Did the Williams come in green as i see so many mint williams. lol. Hope you dont have the soggy steering alot of williams suffer from? Have a good look at the suspension parts / tyres / steering and replace worn parts to keep handling spot on. I would get new bushes asap @ wonders unless they have been replaced in the last 2 years / 10,000 miles as they will almost certainly be shot to pieces. At 48k your car shouldt have declined as far as some. The best mods you can do to a williams are replace the standard suspension / steering parts with originals at regular intervals. Hope you enjoy ur new car. Fuzz, what are the details of yours?

williams and trophy

heh welcome.......

its good to see more williams owners on here...........now all we need is a full register coverin all the ones still n the road

and i dont think il ever be sellin mine either lol....it takes pride of place in my collection now .......even above my boyhood drive......mini

WRX Sti

Hi fuzz,ive had a go in a pulsar so i know how quick they are.me mates modded one had the edge over my skoob in a straight line and he paid less than 4grand for it.Im in north devon-town called holsworthy.ever herd of it?I reckon im going to join the club cus these guys seem to know wot there on about!

Clio 172 cup

Year welcome to the club wonders

Great choice of car

Hope with the money you save on fuel bills you can keep it looking sweet!

Jim