ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Front washers not spraying?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hi guys, having an issue with the front water sprayer. Now this seems to come and go, when pulling on the stalk the rear washer goes? The pump is obviously going but not spraying the front, just the rear???

What could be wrong? I've heard this could possibly be early signs of UCH failure? It would seem there is a dodgy connection somewhere if the rear is going and the front isn't?!?

As usual i appreciate any help!

You need to look at the guide for this & headlight washer jets mate.

Although to be honest if the pump is dead, you're probs best off just buying another one (they are £13 from GSF) instead of messing about with the one you have as suggested on here, that is a waste of time.

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
If the pump is running check that the hose that runs down the bonnet/hinge isn't kinked when the bonnet is shut.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Sorry mate should have said its a Cup and its the washers for the windscreen not the headlamps - the pump is working (from what i can hear)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Filter mesh on the pump could be blocked (cant remember if clios have it) or the jets are blocked, take it to a garage and ask them to give the jets a blast with an air line, with the pipes off the jets, also while the pipes are off give the stalk a pull to try clear some of the crap out the pipes...

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
Sorry mate should have said its a Cup and its the washers for the windscreen not the headlamps - the pump is working (from what i can hear)

does the pipe not run from the bottle, up the passenger bonnet hinge, then across the bonnet to the jets?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right this is weird, the water was spraying on the rear window when pulling the stalk, it started running low so put more water in it and now its working again?!?

f**k YOU FRENCH CAR.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Has it been doing it for long? Maybe there wasnt enough fluid in it?

My work van comes and goes when the fluid is low. Works one time but not the next

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Hi Danny,

I had same trouble with my 182?! The amount of crap in washer bottle was unreal like black sticky stuff??

So put compressor on and blast down jets on bonnet back onto bottle and cleaned as much black rubbish out of bottle?!

Syphen water out bottle and wipeout bottle has best you can?? long screw driver with rag on bottom to wipe bottle out

Few more blasts of air down jets nother wipe round n bob youre uncle washers working again :clap:

Then go straight to fridge for celebratory drink :cheers:

Hope this helps

Cheers Pat

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Haha, Cheers Pat i'll give that a go tomorrow then! Its bizarre how the rear washer would operate if there was something stuck somewhere? Also odd that pulling the stalk activated it also??

Pat 182

ClioSport Club Member
  cliosport 182
Sorry bit long winded but you get the drift ;) water was purapse finding easy way out??

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hmm, i see what you're saying. I suppose if it were blocked somewhere the pressure would force it out any which way it could manage?

Well hopefully i disturbed something enough to make it last lol.

RS Cosworth & Clio 172
If the bottle has gunk in it just remove it and put it in a dishwasher - mrs might not like it but it works a treat. Then blow the pipes out with an airline, just to be sure there is nothing blocking them before refitting the bottle.