ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel gauge pics...does this look too thirsty?

BG FF 182
Filled up the tank and reset the clock, maybe revved it past 5k once, just normal driving. Looks a bit thirsty to me...i'm hoping the tank gets wider instead of narrower!

Just over quarter of a tank after 90 miles

IMAG1738.jpg

Averaging 39.7MPG apparently

IMAG1740.jpg

And 353 miles to go!

IMAG1741-1.jpg

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Try resetting your average reading then go for a run. See what you get not that it's that accurate. It's usually a tad optimistic I've found.

Out of interest have you been for a drive, just that the temperature looks low.

BG FF 182
Yeah the car had been sitting for a wee while after work.

Not fussed about the MPG readings really, just the fuel guage looks like it's plumetting. Does the last quarter tank empty at twice the speed, like a lot of cars?

The only way to tell well be when you refuel. Work out how many litres you've used against distance covered

04 Clio 172, Meg 250
Think it just depends tbh. Mines is fine to half a tank then drops to the last bar. When I fill it up though it still has around a quarter of a tank if its sitting at the last bar. I'd just keep an eye on it.

BG FF 182
I filled it up within 5 miles of the light coming on, put 45L in, and will calculate according to distance travelled when the light comes on again.

Cheers chaps

ST
All of mine have always done about 150 miles on the first 'half' and the 200ish on the second! Don't worry about it

Yep, all 3 of my MK2 PH2s done this.. The R27 and now 200, it's like fuel light bingo just going along to work flol !

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
My first 1/3 of a tank goes pretty quick, then takes ages to use the last 2/3. I get around 350+ to a tank. 80% motorway driving.