ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDI - 182 24K Service - Complete

Mondeo STTDCI
Went to Caxton today for the service...wallets a bit lighter :eek:

Most people know/know of Andy, first time of meeting him today he's a top bloke.

I'll do the negative first....It was a bit cold in the workshop.

Onto positives...

- I got a cuppa rosie
- I watched Andy etc work
- I got new discs (brembo ones) and pads
- Had a nice chat
- Had a ride in the GDI demo car (the ride on the Leda's is pretty awesome!)
- Was happy

I got back, and just for fun decided to call Renault Ilford for a price on what I had done today at GDI.

They quoted me £523.

I saved over £200.00

I know Andy doesn't post prices much on the boards so if you want to know you can visit the website...

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/

Anyway, big thumbs up and thanks.

Dave

Dave,
So next month is it pads again. I thought you only just had Renault Pads fitted?
I had to also change my PF97 pads to Ferrodo DS2500 as the dust was killing my wheels/paintwork.
Got the info and changed the pads im under 1 hr.
Yozzasport supplied the pads both front and std rears. When I looked at the back pads they are hardly touched. Did not bother changing them.
Tel

Mondeo STTDCI
I went into Renault booked in for pads only about 2000 miles ago.

They had told me that at my 12k service the pads were at 60% so I figured I'd be due them around 20k and I wasnt entirely happy with the braking. So I went to Renault but they called me into the workshop got me to have a look and said they didn't want to change them as there was "plenty" left (around 20%).

So I left it and TBH I might even have been able to get away with it today for another 1.5k maybe but seeing as I was there and the stock was there I thought I may as well!

Disks had quite a big lip on them so they went as well. Will be interested to see how these new EBC pads do...they are apparently much better now.

Dirty E91
You should have sat in front of one of the big heater things they've got, mmm warm!

I had my 24K and new brakes (DS2500 and brembo discs) done at the end of Feb, oh and a cup of tea! Plus they washed my car for me!

Mondeo STTDCI
Mine was also washed! The only people that I have ever let do it.

(I did almost say no....but it needed it!)