ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GDi / AWT 195 BHP Clio 172!!!!!

172 Flamer
A MASSIVE SUPER GREAT BIG THANKS to Andy at GDi & Ben at AWT (and their respective workshop helpers!) for hooking my ride up with a serious, geniune BHP & torque increase after the following work was completed on my Mk1 172:

AWT billet cams

GDi SMT6

Inlet manifold match

Had it on the rolling road before & after, BHP prior to mods was a little down at 164BHP, torque was 151ft/lbs. Rolling road test 2... 195BHP & 174ft/lb of torque... you do the maths!!! 31BHP & 23ft/lb torque increase!! CLUCKING LOVELY!!!

Drivability is a million times better than before (ok, slight exaggaration but hey! - I'm excited!), the car totally rips up the tarmac from 2500 right up to 7000 rpm, acceleration is direct & powerful & she roars like a caged 8 foot rabid lion being prodded with a stick!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Scared the poo out of a 50 something year old couple in their MX5 convertible on the A31 the other day by dropping into 2nd & rinsing it past them in a blurred deafening frenzy!!! BRILLIANT!!! Don't worry all you pensioner lovers out there... they appreciated it really!

I also had some Brembo carbon front brake discs & DS2500 pads fitted by GDi plus goodyear braided lines all round so stoppability is much improved too.

Andy - apologies for the delay in my public praises (I got my car back on the 12th Nov) - I was just waiting for the safe return of my battery cover! ;o) I know it is a busy old workshop there & least it was lost in the best of company!

The combo of the 3 aforementioned power mods work excellently together and come very highly recommended from me to EVERYONE!!! We are only here once peeps, might as well splash out & enjoy (ooh err!?!)

ONCE AGAIN A BIG BIG THANK YOU TO ALL INVOLVED AT GDi & AWT - I AM TOTALLY CHUFFED WITH MY MODIFIED BABY!!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
thats hopefully what i'm getting done to mine! (providing mrs doesn't notice missing money!!) but thats definately confirmed that i W I L L be sending my car away!!

superfastdan said:
thats hopefully what i'm getting done to mine! (providing mrs doesn't notice missing money!!) but thats definately confirmed that i W I L L be sending my car away!!

Do it.

My missus knew I had sent my car away but had no idea of the extent / cost of the work I had done!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
As std ur car has a fairly high torque figure and a low BHP figure bizarre...But a magic final figure. nice 1

Clio 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfastdan

Do it.

My missus knew I had sent my car away but had no idea of the extent / cost of the work I had done!

LOL Quality, I've just had the same work done by GDI to my 182 without telling my missus what I had done and the cost. I just told her it had gone in for a service (which technically was true, But I just forgot to mention the extra's!!!)

Anyways

I can only repeat BigBarrys praise to GDI in regards to the work. I can't be any more happier with the improvement it has made. with an increase to 201 BHP and 176 Lb of torque. Thats on a standard 182 with only the above mods. Again thanks to Andi at GDI and the rest of the guys.

std rev limit, and the torque is increased all across the rpm range, so there is no power 'band' as such, just power.

Clio 182
BenR said:
Glad all you guys have some stormers now...........awesome results, especially yours Paul.

Cheers Ben, When I picked the car up, Andy said he was shocked with the result. He was expecting the BHP to be down and the torque slightly up as I was just keeping the standard exhaust. But the car seem'ed to put out a higher BHP then expected which is all good for me !!!!

VaVa
Sounds fantastic. Another pocket rocket coming out of the GDI/Angelworks stable....

I can hear my credit card calling me... lol.

172 cup TT
i always get the itch to sod it and get this done... only real concern is a silly one, but a concern non the less.. is there ANYWAY to get it all done and the dash lights all stay normal?.. just cant be arsed with constantly telling GF, friends, famaily, colleagues, potential buyers that its "ok"... and them thinking "naa bet its not, he just hasnt got the face to be truthful that his car is sh!te" :)

172 cup TT
hmm hope so... but im sure iirc that the brain of the car seems confused as it knows the car is "working" but cant find the original ECU due to the SMP.. or something along those lines!?!.. sorry know in my head what im trying to say lol

only light that can come on is the emissions light due to decat, the car doesnt 'see' the SMT.

Cam profile is mild at just under 270 inlet, 260 exhaust, 11.5mm lift.....i'm not willing to give out alot of info obviously. Std cams are about 265 deg inlet and 9mm lift.

MKIII 138
BenR said:
only light that can come on is the emissions light due to decat, the car doesnt 'see' the SMT.

Cam profile is mild at just under 270 inlet, 260 exhaust, 11.5mm lift.....i'm not willing to give out alot of info obviously. Std cams are about 265 deg inlet and 9mm lift.

but this guy didnt have a decat and still got the power with stock exhaust so no lights will appear if you just do this "Stage_1 upgrade package" eat that BBR tuining

GDI rock !