ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox mount bolt under battery snapped

Thought my dogbone mount had totally given up as the exhaust has been knocking a lot under acceleration recently then felt something go pulling out of a junction the other night. After some more investigation I just found this bolt has snapped off completely.

Where is the best place to get a new one, is it a main dealer part only?

2003 Clio 172
If it's the dog bone that's gone I'd advise against a polybush replacement. I'm reverting back to a standard one from a polybush as the vibration is horrible.

Thanks for the replies, I'm wondering if the dog bone mount being worn caused that bolt to break because the engine was moving around more.

I've ordered an uprated road version from Evol engineering. I'm not too bothered about a bit of extra vibration even though the Clio is my daily driver, I prefer something a bit noisy and uncomfortable over a sensible family car!