ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gee's Glanza V *The Ugly B!tch Is Back!

Hi guys,

How are you all doing?

Hope some of you remember me!? I had fun on the Clio meets and trackdays!

Well anyway, I own a Toyota Glanza V as a lot of you know. It has been stripped out of all carpet, rear seats, trim, spare wheel, stereo, speakers and aircon. Weighs around 880kg or so, which should give me a power/weight ratio of around 300hp per ton.

Not been around for a while, so here is my new HP and torque figure, a long with a few pictures.

img007600x454.jpg

th_DSC_00700.jpg
th_DSC_0213.jpg
th_DSC_0200.jpg
th_DSC_0061.jpg
th_DSC_0059.jpg

1 2 3 4 5

And with new rims and Eagle F1's on.

01.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

02.jpg

And one of the engine bay.

DSC01578.gif

Hi Dan,

It is pretty fast!

Not been up against much yet, but it beat a BMW E46 M3 with no problems. I was still pulling away in 5th! Not bad for a 1.3 eh!?

I see you have 8 POT's? What power are you pushing?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cover up your bumhole, Freebone will want to bone you! lol

Nice car dude, bet it f**king shifts!

'02 Monaco Blue 172
nice car
where is your third pic taken next the alpine restaurant? is it denshaw? I recognise it!

K20 EG Hatch
Same as you mate, 275bhp, however my car dont weigh as much as a rollerskate! lol.

Mines nearly at stage 1. Just need the nismo 555 injectors and a stage 1 chip then i should see over 300bhp mark.

Bought the 8 pots though as standard jap brakes are always shite aint they! lol.

Unfortunately i've not raced anything quick yet, never nothing out! always had loadsa races in the 182 too :( Saying that, a CTR tried against me down a duel carriageway and i pulled away with absolute ease (was running on low boost too) lol.

Hi Dan,

It is pretty fast!

Not been up against much yet, but it beat a BMW E46 M3 with no problems. I was still pulling away in 5th! Not bad for a 1.3 eh!?

DanS - Up in West Yorkshire, dales somewhere..near a reservoir?

Gray - Oh OK...I think I have seen him on the GT Turbo website inquiring about them.

Dan - Nice one mate. Got some Celica ST185 2 POT's to go on mine. Sending them off to www.biggred.co.uk to be rebuilt and restored. Car does not weigh much, so 2 POT's should be fine.

Dan - It was a mate with the M3. He sells Starlets and owned a high powered one, so he knew the score ;)

Cheers Christopher. :)

Mod list is to big to mention, but if anyone has any questions, I am happy to answer them.

A silver Honda
Must go like a rocket!

Liking the new Rotas. The Buddy Clubs looked sweet though. (I have them myself now lol)

Yeah, the Buddy Club's did, but polished lip is too much hassle to maintain. God dam salty roads..here it was then:

DSCF1247.gif

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Same as you mate, 275bhp, however my car dont weigh as much as a rollerskate! lol.

Mines nearly at stage 1. Just need the nismo 555 injectors and a stage 1 chip then i should see over 300bhp mark.

Bought the 8 pots though as standard jap brakes are always s**te aint they! lol.

Unfortunately i've not raced anything quick yet, never nothing out! always had loadsa races in the 182 too :( Saying that, a CTR tried against me down a duel carriageway and i pulled away with absolute ease (was running on low boost too) lol.

Hi Dan,

It is pretty fast!

555's is stage 2 matey :)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Car looks mint, mental power too

I presume engine is forged? What turbo you using, is it a td05?

Can you post up a spec mate? Really interested :D

Car looks mint, mental power too

I presume engine is forged? What turbo you using, is it a td05?

Can you post up a spec mate? Really interested :D

Engine is forged and fully race balanced.

Some of the spec:

Pauter Rods
Ross low compression forged pistons (0.5mm overbore)
NST lightened and balanced underdrive crank pulley
Cruise valve springs
1.2mm metal headgasket
Exedy paddle clutch

The turbo is a TD04L from a 2005 Impreza WRX running 1.4 bar of boost.

About 250 miles to a tank, which is about £35 V Power.

Easy to drive off boost mate, so best of both worlds ;)

This car is used everyday.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Been tempted by a Glanza for a while, maybe change in the summer. Don't know much about tuning them.... what would you need to take a standard one to about 180bhp --> 200bhp?

200hp is hard on standard turbo.

180hp is achieveble thou. Probs missed some bits out but:

Run the standard CT9a/b turbo to 1.0bar of boost
Aftermarket manifold and downpipe/possibly decat, but not worth MOT hassle IMO.

Aftermarket exhaust and relocate an airfilter off the turbo.

For fueling, you can run a crude method of:

FCD (fuel cut defencer) and a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator)

or

Run aftermarket management like the E-manage blue or an Apexi Power FC ECU.

For 200hp+, you can run a hybrid turbo which uses the standard setup.

The standard internals are known to take a lot. Some run 250hp on a daily basis and some crazy guys in Jamaica have run 300hp+ on standard internals on race fuel.

I ran 220hp on standard internals for over a year with no problems.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
cheers i'm guessing a frount mounted intercooler would be useful as well?

Shed.
these things are a joke, i had one in front of me agers ago down at hornsea, and i saw the guy looking at me in his wing mirror, then he booted it..........

I wasnt expecting it to move like it did...... tbh lol.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Im on the fence with these cars,but i do like the look of that one.

There is also a white one by me with black wheels and a red lip that looks the part too

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Long time no see! Some power! Mines only 250brake and weighs 1400kg!!! - so that must shift

Howdy everyone!

Nice to see some familiar names! Some have moved on, but still are part of Cliosport.net...how nice!

Rob,

Yup, was in Asda mate LOL