ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Genetically Superior!

Turbos.
As you're probably aware, most 'M' models tend to have pretty weak brakes as standard. I didn't find them too bad, but a single pot caliper is never going to last for sustained periods on track. So i've fitted front and rear APs using the same calipers as used on my NSX. To save a bit of cost the rear discs use the OEM discs (which are actually good and CSL specific).

Anyway, here are some photos of the bad boys, i didn't opt for ASW red!

Front:
AP4.gif

AP8.gif

AP2.gif

Rear:
AP5.gif

Few other shots:
AP3.gif

AP6.gif

AP1.gif

AP9.gif

And finally... the real owner, Mr. Honey Nut Loops:
AP11.gif

;)

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Is this ollies old car.Only joking

Great looking breaks and look much better in non asw red...lol

Turbos.
I'm looking for an Audi R8 wheel coffee table if you have one instead?

I can't really remember how the NSX was standard, except that the NSX had better steering. CSL is obviously faster but the NSX sounds just as good, but a little more subdued in volume! Handling is hard to compare, probably just as good but CSL is stiffer, so quicker.

Turbos.
BTW, can someone point me to a place to buy those silvery bulbs for the indicators as i want it looking like this...

P1040901.gif

Snotter's
awesome, my brother has just ordered a set of these for his m3. Did you opt for the narrow or wider caliper???

Turbos.
I'm not sure... i know there were two versions, one was for 'aftermarket' wheels. The CSL has a smaller offset but not sure it can accomdate the wider ones.

Snotter's
cool, we are after a set of "genuine" csl wheels but they aint cheap!!! Also looked into fitting the CSL induction but at £3k its a bit steep so gruppe m it is.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
SO glad you went for a decent colour on the calipers...First thing i thought of when opening this was...i hope there not red.

Turbos.
The only thing red round here is your ass cheeks after a good pounding...

CSL wheels are £1k, not bad for 19" lightweight jobbies!

No point getting all the CSL bits... add up all the cost, then the fact you don't have a real CSL and you may as well just get a CSL in the first place!

Gruppe M will be good enough, Vorsteiner CSL carbon boot and diffuser will smarten it up.

Snotter's
yeh i agree,if it could have been done reasonably cheap then yeh. £1k for wheels???? from where, they all seem to be around £1500 upwards for used ones.

Plus my brother hated SMG so had to have a manual

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
The only thing red round here is your ass cheeks after a good pounding...

CSL wheels are £1k, not bad for 19" lightweight jobbies!

No point getting all the CSL bits... add up all the cost, then the fact you don't have a real CSL and you may as well just get a CSL in the first place!

Gruppe M will be good enough, Vorsteiner CSL carbon boot and diffuser will smarten it up.

I'll dick you right through you cute wee glasses Fenn!

Snotter's
£1221.50 new,thats not to bad :)

i always liked the smg but he is a manual freak, not bad for a 22 year old though

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Not bad at all Rob!

ps. Loving the thread title.

Bull-whale testosterone baby... chicks DIG THAT SH*T!

Revels Mum & Sister
Thats how you role englebert

PMSL expenses FTFW

Not your car though, I have seen those pics before.