ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Get my 172 tommorow!!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
hey i get my 172 sport tommorow and im just wondering abotu some of our rivals as my mates own a civic type r 51 plate, 2 of em have leon cupra r's another with a gt tdi golf chipped to 175 bhp and jus other wee things like a zetec s fez n 106 gti n stuff... any ideas where abouts i rank??

www.renparts.co.uk
in a straight line.... above the 106 and the Zetec S.... and you shouldn't be too far off the others.. bet the golf is quick though..

182 Full Fat
^^ Steady Ollie, can of worms and all that!

But I must say this at least, does the Type R come with Air con or xenons or cruise control? Hmmm plenty of opinions on here about which is preferred!

Last edited:
  Astra VXR ex 172 owner
hey u started beta finish lol vtech is the future he only got it las week n a said stuff it i love clios ive got a wee 53 plate 1.2 da nw so anno how it handles but cant wait to get a bitta pace with it !!

TDI tyre shreader
i have a 150 PD golf to be honest i think you will kick its arse its a heavy car and the handling braking isnt really very good

182 Full Fat
Handling on our little clios is 2nd to none. Bet you would struggle to lift the back wheel in the air on a Golf when you boot it into a sharp turn!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
gota love the handling the only other car that i thought handled as good was my mates black mk5 zetec s with a 1.7 puma aengine in it, that went ok but the clio had a 4th gear pull to die for that killed it

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
u know stevo (small world), it wasnt his i was in, it was shawzys wrote off now tho lol but anno stevo and the silver one too murdoch!!

Burgandy 174 sport t
ffs I thought there was only two of them and one was red!! get some coilovers on it I know someone that might be sellin a set ;)

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
lol where u from?? a never knew there wes a red one anno stevo n murdoch n shawzy had it but that was it!! aparently lowering clios f**k the gearbox.. or so ive heard but i lowered my wee 1.2 the now 35 mil n its fine but my mate lowered his 60 n went threw gearboxes like it was goion out fashion 2 in 3 munths

Burgandy 174 sport t
Ive lowered all three clios, I have had and never had probs with gearboxes. cant be arsed sellin mine private so takin all the goodies off before its traded!!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
yeah ive took my wheels of my wee one da nw but jus leaving it lowered for arnold clark to deal with lol f*ck them

172 cup
nice one mate u will get stacks of fun from it..on the road its anyones game and no reason why u wont be up there with the others

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
cheers mate but aparently these things r the hardest well not the hardest but the most expensive to tune?? wat to do lol full system, remap n a good filter thats bout all ill be able to afford

1998 BMW e46 323i
Just make sure you are prepared for torque steer fella. First time I overtook a car on a road with a lot of camber I nearly drove into the pearly gates!

Mk4 .:R32
I did that as well john! Tollan, make sure u hold on tight mate!! 2nd and 3rd in the 172 is quality! some stupid new Tigra 1.8 sport tried it on last night, just slipped it into second....bye bye silly Tigra!! You shouldn't have a problem beating the golf, zetec s and 106. Cupras are v.quick and type r's are pretty fast aswell!! You should set up a bit of a race and let us know!

www.renparts.co.uk
lol where u from?? a never knew there wes a red one anno stevo n murdoch n shawzy had it but that was it!! aparently lowering clios f**k the gearbox.. or so ive heard but i lowered my wee 1.2 the now 35 mil n its fine but my mate lowered his 60 n went threw gearboxes like it was goion out fashion 2 in 3 munths

thats rubbish about the gearbox.....

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
id say ud do all of them overall - except type r civic. yes can of worms etc but thats my opinion!

PH1_172
u shouldn't struggle with zetec's or the 106gti, civic type r just depends how you catch them in or out of vtec.

The golf will have some beasty torque but round twisites you'll see it off no probs, the cupra r in standard form you will be ok with aswell its pretty much same as standard type r civic, but if they get the cupra r jabba'd or revo'd it will be pushing 270bhp (my boyfriend had one) then you might strugggle with that on straights and braking but ull still out handle the big lump

hope u enjoy the car!

Astra VXR ex 172 owner
got it tonight just in was a good laugh beat everything accept the type r a 106 gti with 160 odd bhp got the rip and the cupra r got blasted too.. dun a scooby aswell pulled and pulled he sank it as a was gonna go by him n a jus kept goin so underestimated these little buggys altho a dun 75 miles to 20 quid :( must stop hammering it