ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girlfriends and Renaultsport Clio's

E46 320CD
I let my partner drive any car I've ever had. Warned her that the cup had no driver aids when i had it but she don't drive particularly quickly and was fine.

To my knowledge she's never damaged anything, if she did I'd probably be pissed off but accidents happen!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My ex drove mine too. She just hated how stiff/hard the clutch was. And said the steering was heavy......

Artic 182FF
I never let the missus near my old flamer before it got killed. She drives her 1.2 Festa like she stole it, so she'd probably have done herself some damage if she had driven it.

Thinking about it, i dont think ive ever let her drive any car ive had. Its not right somehow.

BG FF 182
I trust the better half with my 182 because she owns a cooper S & if anything she can certainly park better than me lol.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
I dont mind my mrs driving my 182 because she is a decent driver. If she was s**t, then i wouldnt let her near it.

1.2 16v
I don't let her drive my 1.2, so if I owned an RS would I sh*te! Offered to let her a few times in quiet car parks, but she said no cos she knows I'd kill her.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
My wife drives my 172 harder than I do, unfortunately she kerbs the wheels (a lot). Still though, the 172 wheels are cheaper and easier to hide the marks on than the 18's on her car.

Porsche, ford, Clio.
Dreading this, but I know it's coming, I refused her access to my Porsche. Went down well...

clio 197, 1992 mini
My wife won't drive my 197 she knows I will go mental if she damages it lol she has a twingo Rs tho so she treats cars well and is and picky as me :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
My wife hates driving my clio's which is a good thing. My old iceberg was really low and she was used to a c max. She managed to smash the carbon splitter, not once, but twice. And denied it (even though it was the day after she'd borrowed the car).

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The Clio is a girls car yet the men in here are scared to let their partners drive them...

The world is going mental.

Apart from my left hand drive F150, my wife has driven everything I've owned and to my knowledge only kerbed 2 wheels in 8+ years.

Mine is a true petrolhead. She now has my old 182, previously has had an mx5 and a cooper s. Really good driver. She's had a go in the VX and tbh I'd trust her to drive anything I ever purchased. :)

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
I dont think my gf would drive my car even if she was insured on it lol.
She used to have a KA which she didnt give a toss about. we have just got a Mk7 fiesta ZS and she keeps good care of that as she loves it. quite suprised me actually lol

PH2 Flamer
my mrs drives mine quite a lot. never done any damage. because she knows, if she did, it would be over lol. nah, but id would make her pay for it.

my current missus has told me that if i was to do my bike licence as i intended i had to give her my cup, she also says that she'll be insured on mine when she's finally allowed to drive(diagnosed with epilepsy) since a crash we were involved in April last year so she's not even allowed to have a licence till atleast a year of no signs at all of the epilepsy bothering her but she is planning on a RB when she can finally drive

Clio Sport 172
Well i must be one of a few girls to comment on this as i am the owner of the clio and my boyfriend is the one who messes my clio 172 up! its not always the girlfriends fault! :p

Clio 182 Titanium
Great thread! I gave the 182 to my girlfriend and she loves it, but just pootles around in it and has no idea how quick the car is. Never goes above 5k rpm so dephaser pulley never kicks in! When I drive it with her as passenger I'm not allowed to cane it. Last time I did she cried and I was only in 3rd gear:boring:

Peddled device
When I was with my ex-Chinese bird she had a key to my house, my parents phone numbers, use of my pc complete with p**n.....BUT she was pissed off when I wouldn't let her drive my Cup ! lol

Great thread! I gave the 182 to my girlfriend and she loves it, but just pootles around in it and has no idea how quick the car is. Never goes above 5k rpm so dephaser pulley never kicks in! When I drive it with her as passenger I'm not allowed to cane it. Last time I did she cried and I was only in 3rd gear:boring:

Dephaser pulley kicks in at 1450rpm ;)