ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girlfriends and Renaultsport Clio's

An orange one
Country postcode etc, insurance is properly cheap out here really!

Plus she didn't start driving till age 21 which probably helped

clio 182 sport
Tell me about it our lass had a argument with a merc at work rear bumper scuffed just before crimbo hit a mini front bumper scuffed plus alloys wrecked

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
My current Mrs spilt chocolate milkshake all over the centre console when I had only been seeing her for a few months, I went nuts and shouted at her calling her my ex's name. Didn't go down well.

I meant my ex my 172 to get to work as her car was in for paint work as her bosses kids had clambered over it. She didn't even leave the drive before reversing my 172 into my mums freelander.

Megane r26
Tbh my missus has been pretty good, apart from opening the door on my old 172 into a KERB! Other that shes pretty good when she does drive them, she used to struggle in the 172 with it being on coils but in the old 197 she was sound as it was pretty easy to drive!

Only thing she does do is drive a bit quicker an get more confident! She seems to forget its a 2.0l not a one point nothing!

She hasn't driven the Trophy yet!

197 RB
My other half drives the car slowly to work all week. I use at the weekend and get to enjoy what fuel is left over after all her hard work. :clap: I drive a Trafic all week so it feels like driving a rocket ship!

my current missus i thought i'd learn her the basics in my cup.. until she smacked in to a kurb and kurbed all the way round the wheel needless to say handbrake yanked on shouted to get out the drivers seat... the ex on the other hand kurbed 3 wheels all in 1 go of driving the car she was told to walk in future lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I've said mine can be insured on my 182 when she passes. Will probably cause an argument at some stage haha!

Have you done a quote for this? I said the same thing to my girlfriend, and it added on around £1,600 to my insurance :nono: (which is less than a third of that btw)

Titanium 182
Have you done a quote for this? I said the same thing to my girlfriend, and it added on around £1,600 to my insurance :nono: (which is less than a third of that btw)

Yeah was about an extra 600-700 quid. She's 22 though.

She'll be paying the extra, not me :rasp:

FF Racing Blue 182
my partner is a better driver than me lol and i tell her all the time......but she would never drive the clio as she thinks its a shed

Megane 275 trophy006
Luckily none of my boyfriends have ever been able to drive. That's not to say they haven't damaged it.
my ex opened the passenger door and didn't watch the door. It scrapped across high pavement. That put him in the doghouse for a while as the car was still very new.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
My girlfriend is far more fussy with our cars than I am, she wont ever damage a wheel bumping up a kerb or scratch the paint getting too close to bushes etc down country lanes etc like I will and when I do mark the cars its normally her that gets it looking decent again by refurbing bits or fitting a new bumper etc as that sort of thing bothers here more than me.

OCD birds FTW I reckon LOL

Let the ex drive the R27 once, came back with a curbed wheel, but she counterbalanced it with a full tank of v-power, left the recipet on the dash with a sorry note, she was too scared to tell me bless.

Monaco 172 Ph2
Mine said she was getting insured and driving mine when she eventually learns and passes..........

.... I just laughed in her face !!!

My girlfriend is far more fussy with our cars than I am, she wont ever damage a wheel bumping up a kerb or scratch the paint getting too close to bushes etc down country lanes etc like I will and when I do mark the cars its normally her that gets it looking decent again by refurbing bits or fitting a new bumper etc as that sort of thing bothers here more than me.

OCD birds FTW I reckon LOL

I remember you parking like 1/2 foot away from the kerb to avoid her newly refurbed turini's lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I remember you parking like 1/2 foot away from the kerb to avoid her newly refurbed turini's lol

She's so blooming precious about them, its more than my lifes worth to kerb those wheels, I much prefer it when it isnt on them so I can go back to parking badly Flol.

She wasnt best pleased at llandow when I scuffed the bumper cutting in really close on the chicane and brushed the marker post, thankfully though I knew someone breaking one in the right colour.

Renault Clio 182
My partner has just got rid of her car so is back on my policy, in honesty she is not a bad driver and so far has not damaged it.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Recaros aren't height adjustable, GF is tiny.

So no, she is most certainly not allowed to drive it. She's insured on the MX5 but only driven it once.

04BGFF182CLIORS
GF cant stand the colour of mine, and hasnt even mentioned wanting to drive it.

Cars bore her beyond belief, she has a Fiesta 1.2 and is happy!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Mine doesn't drive it, just complains about it.

Its uncomfortable and hurts her boobs and its loud. LOL!

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
My ex used to say she hated mine, too loud, bumpy etc, then when I would put my foot down I would glance over, she would have a right grin on her face.
It's all talk. Lol.