ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Girl's reaction's to your RenaultSport?

Insignia SRi
Yeah i soon got her back with some suprise lift off oversteer once the springs and ARB was fitted.

After she stopped screaming i said "notice a difference now" lol

Corsa looking at 172
Re: Girl's reaction's to your Clio sports?

My gf hates it, hates it that I spend money on it ('rather than more on her'), she wants me to get something more 'grown up' like an A3 / Astra VXR or a Golf. Every other lass I know loves it.

I have a red astra vxr, we should do a swap deal :p your car plus a good bit of cash haha

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
When I went from my 1.2 to my 172, (both silver) I asked her what she thought..

Her: Its exactly the same car.
Me: no its a sport and its got a 2ltr engine, and different bumpers..
Her: Its exactly the same car.

Fail

Megane 275 trophy006
Well my reaction was a great big smile and I almost snagged the keys out of the dealers hands in my eagerness to finally get it home.
Whenever I see another 172/182/197/200 I have sometimes been known to squeal and I blame the 182 that shot past me in my old fiesta for my love of clios now.
(although this isn't only reserved for clios, megane rs/focus rs and GT-Rs really get to me. That yellow lamborghini gallardo that parked outside work once caused me to need my break too. I like fast/sporty cars)

Then again I'm into car so not your usual type of girl.

Wierd how anyone outside of the whole scene sees Clios in standard form as being chavvy.

But people on here will fight to the death to defend their black wheels and back breaking springs, as they are 'subtle'.

If your nan says it looks like a boy racer car it's likely that 95% of the population will think it's chavvy.

Wierd how anyone outside of the whole scene sees Clios in standard form as being chavvy.

But people on here will fight to the death to defend their black wheels and back breaking springs, as they are 'subtle'.

If your nan says it looks like a boy racer car it's likely that 95% of the population will think it's chavvy.

Quite true.

Like anything on this forum though, you'll never get a unbiased view on them. I would imagine it's the same on any other car specific forum aswell.

He's on here, sue he'll have a project thread somewhere, that particular one was stripped of its guts, stock on the outside with TD1.2s on coilovers :)

Thanks but that doesn't really help. HTF do I know who your brother is? lol.

Need pics to see if I agree that it looks charvery.

Like anything on this forum though, you'll never get a unbiased view on them. I would imagine it's the same on any other car specific forum aswell.

Not always true. A car specific forum that I use is nothing like this one in terms of views and opinions of all types of cars. Then again, the average age of the users on that forum is at least ten years higher that of those on here. Much better for discussing cars, but far less active for banter so it's all gravy in my eyes.

Quite true.

My GF didn't mind my standard 106 Quiksilver as it wasn't too bad a car for a 17 year old. Hated my Clio, hated my 106 GTI.

Loves my Audi.

I would never go back to a hatchback, i just see anyone older than 20 in one and think they are a bit chavvy. Just my opinion.

That could be defended by saying "but they are quick, handle well". But, unless you're on track it's abit of a chavvy thing to say.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Women want German. Simple as that.

Audi/Merc/BMW and upwards.

To be honest, its not just women, its 99% of the population.

When i sold my 172 cup in the recession, i 'downgraded', put 3 grand in the bank and bought an old 328i Sport.

At which point, everyone congratulated me on my new purchase and questioned why i had bought an expensive new car ...

:S

PH2 172, Kangoo
Thanks but that doesn't really help. HTF do I know who your brother is? lol.

Need pics to see if I agree that it looks charvery.

It's just a PH1 -

P1020660.jpg

Function>form in this case lol

EDIT: IMO anyone from 'the outside world' i.e. not from the car scene, would see a cliosport as a normal clio, and are normal clios classed as chavvy? I dunno...

My GF didn't mind my standard 106 Quiksilver as it wasn't too bad a car for a 17 year old. Hated my Clio, hated my 106 GTI.

Loves my Audi.

I would never go back to a hatchback, i just see anyone older than 20 in one and think they are a bit chavvy. Just my opinion.

That could be defended by saying "but they are quick, handle well". But, unless you're on track it's abit of a chavvy thing to say.

My girlfriend has been on track with me, so she sort of sees why I spent money on suspension etc. But secretly I'm sure thinks it's chavvy and wishes I had a BMW or something.

PH2 172, Kangoo
I have a bmw - it's good at wafting, hence why I'm looking to buy something I can have a little fun in, after all, I'm driving, not her, it's my decision what I would like to drive, a clio has all the mod cons you'd need, not as smooth, quiet and wafty as a bmw but how often do I munch up miles? Like three times a year, I'm sure I'll live :lol:.

Evo 5 RS
Clio 1*2: It's a clio. (alternative response: It's a girls car)

Saxo: It's quite cute. Is it the VT thingy? (alternative response: Mine has different lights)

Fiesta ST: My uncle had one of these, he likes Fords (alternative response: I like the one with the square roofy thing)

Audi A3: wow check you. Let me rub you off whilst you finish that drink

BMW M3: Is that yours? Wow it's nice. Let me rub you off whilst you finish that margarita.

Golf GTI: Oh right

Audi TT: So which team do you bat for the most?

German gush pattern arises

I can imagine the scene in many work carparks up and down the country.

"Donald, whaf have you got in your boot?!"

"Oh Mary, you silly billy! I've had it lowered at the weekend!"

"Ay?"

"Makes it easier for me to fly round the twisties, also, it looks f**king banging"

"Why would you want to
do that, you complete and utter chav? :s"

or

"Goodmorning Silent Scope, why have you got red wheels"

"Looks s**t hot, track **** styleeee"

"Right"

That is just what the i guess the outside world thinks. Dont hate x

Mini Cooper S
Maybe not a sport but girls seemed to like my old MK3 Clio. Always clean with half black leather, keyless start and entry etc...Was always usually complimented on it!
Most of em love the Cooper S..but that's usually because it's a "Mini" and not cos its a Cooper S :(

DB.

BMW 440i
Clio 1*2: It's a clio. (alternative response: It's a girls car)

Saxo: It's quite cute. Is it the VT thingy? (alternative response: Mine has different lights)

Fiesta ST: My uncle had one of these, he likes Fords (alternative response: I like the one with the square roofy thing)

Audi A3: wow check you. Let me rub you off whilst you finish that drink

BMW M3: Is that yours? Wow it's nice. Let me rub you off whilst you finish that margarita.

Golf GTI: Oh right

Audi TT: So which team do you bat for the most?

German gush pattern arises

So true.

i get, 'oh that's nice, i like white'.

GF's dad just bought A4 convertible, older, high mileage, poor spec and they all love it.

Evo 5 RS
I can imagine the scene in many work carparks up and down the country.

"Donald, whaf have you got in your boot?!"

"Oh Mary, you silly billy! I've had it lowered at the weekend!"

"Ay?"

"Makes it easier for me to fly round the twisties, also, it looks f**king banging"

"Why would you want to
do that, you complete and utter chav? :s"

or

"Goodmorning Silent Scope, why have you got red wheels"

"Looks s**t hot, track **** styleeee"

"Right"

That is just what the i guess the outside world thinks. Dont hate x

Should of prolly left the TT out

No disrespect or disheartening intended. Just remember, if you feel comfortable with it

Then everything is A ok.

Seriously though, it's your car. People spend too much time thinking what others think - not just with cars either

Last edited:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Well fcuk you then </3

I can definately see why people see my car as chavvy though. It's bright red, has two exhausts and say's Trophy down the side.

Giveafcuk? Nar.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The German thing is true. EVERYONE who isnt "in to" cars has asked why on earth i've changed. Mind you i ask myself the same questions sometimes..haha

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Well fcuk you then </3

I can definately see why people see my car as chavvy though. It's bright red, has two exhausts and say's Trophy down the side.

Giveafcuk? Nar.

Plus it has a man in it with either espadrilles or tracksuit bottoms on.

Lol, exactly how I justified mine. Best car I could buy for the money that fitted the bill...

Not a dig at you in any way, but in my opinion the same can be said for the other way round with young guys in "nicer" cars. (not saying it doesn't aply to us 22year old hatchback driving charvers lol).

For example, there is a young lad round by me who has a poverty spec white BMW 116d. Now to everyone else it looks like a nice car, but to me and other car folk you can see that he clearly is a) not a petrolhead and cares not for cars but more for looking like a flash git and b) Is trying so hard that if he tried any harder the word "need" would be shouted from the exhaust in place of his 4cyl diseasel farting...

Imo this = chav also

Edit: Maybe it just comes down to the driver whether the car is Chav or not?! Although that would void all points about females on the whole hating clios...

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Do you think the headrests in Mr.beans car make him feel like he is sitting in trendlines?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The German thing is true. EVERYONE who isnt "in to" cars has asked why on earth i've changed. Mind you i ask myself the same questions sometimes..haha

Not really. Two very different cars. I'll get a MK5 jetta next.

Evo 5 RS
tbh I'm surprised girls like Mini Coopers. The ride is quite hard even in the base models.

Cherry popping run flat tyres ftw

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Women want German. Simple as that.

Audi/Merc/BMW and upwards.

true, another manager i work with has a bigger store, gets about 10k a year more than me and drives an old W reg 318 bmw, total shed of a car, rust on it etc but serves him well and he says hes not replacing it till it dies. i have no idea what its worth, possibly £2k? if that? and i once had a bird i work with ask if im going to buy a BMW like his when i get promoted.

decided against the 15 grand 3 month old clio excuse lol!!

Black 172
My GF was never impressed with the Clio, and she's even less impressed now it's a disabled POS laying crippled on the driveway with an immobiliser/electrical fault.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
To people who aren't into cars, cars are like clothes.

If you drive an 04 plate Clio 182 trophy, all most people will see is a 7 year old Clio. It may do everything better than a BMW 116d, faster, handle better, better equipped, cheaper to run etc. but that doesn't matter to most people. In the same way to a girl, a Tresspass or Berghaus raincoat, probably does everything better than a tight Gucci leather jacket, keeps the rain out, keeps you warm, has many useful pockets, but it's still just a Tresspass raincoat.

"Ooo, is that Gucci?"

"Ooo, is that a BMW?"

If you get my drift.