ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gmail - iPhone 4

Tesla MP3 2021
Seems as the other threads(s) are so busy I want to keep this separate.

Setup my Google account on the phone but mail doesn't appear to be getting "pushed" to the phone. It only downloads emails when I actually go into mail.

All settings apear to be correct, though there are really any settings other than the Push one in the Mail, Contacts, Calendars page.

Anyone else, any ideas?

Tesla MP3 2021
There are actually a few threads on Google's pages. Looks like there is some maintenance until the 26th. Will see how it goes.

Cupra
Yep, Yahoo and exchange work with push, but gmail has always been fetch. I just wondered if the iphone 4 had changed from your post. My 3GS has never had push with gmail.

Tesla MP3 2021
Well if you Google "Gmail Push" then the first set of results confirm that Gmail is Push via Google Sync.

From what I remember on my 3GS I added my mail account using the Gmail option and it worked fine, emails were getting pushed. I have done the same with the iPhone 4 iOS4 and it's not working.

Cupra
You have to add your account with the exchange option if you want it to work. I couldn't do it on 3.1.3 as I have my work exchange account and you could only have one. I think that you can have more than one with 4.0

Tesla MP3 2021
Yeah I have added via the exchange option, following instructions from Google Sync but its not working.

Tesla MP3 2021
EDIT - Yes it is, it was obviously just downloading all of my messages :).

Now, lets see if push works.

Tesla MP3 2021
Yes push works :).

Contacts is a know issue, have a look on the google help forums. As I say I believe there is maintenance happening till the 26th.