ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Going to look at a 182 CUP today........

Petrol Blue 182
Well ive just rang up about it,and im going to go see it.

Im currently driving a VTS for my sins.

I got an insurance quote last night and it came out at £1300 FC
Im 21 wi 1 NCB

I think thats quite reasonable,if i can get a good deal i think i might buy.

Its inferno,9000 miles,CUP version and its up for £10995 that to me seems a bit overpriced but ill try work on that.

So basically i want tips on how to get myself a good deal!

Thanks.

RenaultSport clio 182
Dodson said:
Well ive just rang up about it,and im going to go see it.

Im currently driving a VTS for my sins.

I got an insurance quote last night and it came out at £1300 FC
Im 21 wi 1 NCB

I think thats quite reasonable,if i can get a good deal i think i might buy.

Its inferno,9000 miles,CUP version and its up for £10995 that to me seems a bit overpriced but ill try work on that.

So basically i want tips on how to get myself a good deal!

Thanks.
My best advice is to be able to walk away if you don't get the price you're willing to pay, that's the trickiest bit in my experience especially if you love what you see. Have a reasonable figure in your mind and don't go above it, there'll be plenty more out there.

Mondeo STTDCI
1. Set yourself a TOP figure.
2. Where are you buying from - with a dealer you wanna be saying "well at such a such a place I've seen them up for xxx" and with private you wanna be saying "well there are a few stone chips" lol

hip_spasm said:
1. Set yourself a TOP figure.
2. Where are you buying from - with a dealer you wanna be saying "well at such a such a place I've seen them up for xxx" and with private you wanna be saying "well there are a few stone chips" lol

On the subject of stone chips. Touch wood - my Cup is 100% blemish-free after 15,000 miles, including motorway and A/B roads. I always stay WELL behind other cars though so perhaps that helps?

Petrol Blue 182
Its a trade sale but not at a dealership.

What do people think is a reasonable price?

My insurance is now down to £1218.04 FC!!

I need to keep a level head...

RenaultSport clio 182
Dodson said:
Its a trade sale but not at a dealership.

What do people think is a reasonable price?

My insurance is now down to £1218.04 FC!!

I need to keep a level head...
Personally I'd try around the 9k mark, I got my 182 (non cup) new from an internet company for 12.5k with 400 quid extra for the paint, if you write off the vat that you pay on a new car then that's already less than the price this one is up for and it's a Cup which are cheaper from new. Check out Parkers online for an idea of their price. My guess is round the 9k mark.

Petrol Blue 182
Fug that cheap?

Thanks,i was looking at the £10K mark.

Ill try my best and see what happens.

Petrol Blue 182
Parkers say £10975 with 10,000 miles on,this one has £9k on so........

I might be struggling,ill see what happens,just waiting for the girlfriend,she has got 5 min and im going with out her!!!!

RenaultSport clio 182
Dodson said:
Fug that cheap?

Thanks,i was looking at the £10K mark.

Ill try my best and see what happens.
Yep just looked it up on Parkers and 10k comes out, sorry. I'd still go in low tho and if let them haggle their way up.

Mini Cooper S sport
As a guide, I paid £10,495 for a full-fat 182 which was 6 months old with 4k miles on the clock, so I'd be looking to pay around £9.8k for that cup.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Firstly i presume your the 106 gti Dodson off PGAC? If so welcome :D

Secondly, that insurance is waay too much, try admiral/elephant and stick ya mum as well, it'll drop to less than £1k. At 21 with a years no claims i paid £820 fully comp for my old modified 306 Rallye . .

Cup price, i wouldnt pay that much, more like £9800, theres a nice sounding one on here in the 'for sale' captainpugwash is selling it i think.

Have fun, my 182's awesome!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Ive just paid 10800 for a 2005 inferno with 11k on clock. Full fat though.

Will be hard to walk away as 182cups are the rarest varient of any RS clio!!

Think you will be sold with the orange as well!! If your considering it then your probably gonna love it!!

clio 197 f1
best advise with the haggling dont sit in front of the salesman with a big chessy grin on your face, once he knows your hooked on the car he well never budge on the price, got to be prepared to walk away.

i paid 10600 for my inferno cup from a renault deal, 4 months old and 2500 miles on the clock so you want to be a bit under the 10k mark i would say

good luck

Racing Blue 182
no the prices have lowered, id get the 182 full phat with cup packs.

Look so much nicer, got all the extra you need, and they arnt realy any slower.

They donet cost much more either

Petrol Blue 182
I didnt buy it,he wouldnt go lower than 10.5 i could have afforded it but im not overpaying for anything or anyone.

320d
If they want 10.5k thats 1k over priced IMO

At the end of the day the new renaultsport clio comes out next year which will hit 182 prices hard

Keep shopping round theres loads for sale and its defo a buyers market