ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf GTI + BBS = Good times.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So I've finally done something noticeable to the Golf. After finding some wheels I quite liked the look of on Sunday, I found myself in the car going to collect them. By last night I'd not only done that, but fitted coilovers. Funny how things work out.

This is the fronts all the way down, I'm guessing they need time to settle. But the fact I spotted after fitting them that they (According to the invoice note) are for a MK6, may not help. Meh, they fit. They make horrible banging and grinding noises and the tyres keep catching, but for now its fine.

13888799059_e1bc5f7053_c.jpg

Golf x BBS by Jason.Easton, on Flickr

13888799209_b832f7c5a5_c.jpg

14072261552_670729d261_c.jpg

14072228361_346e367f12_c.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
What's the point in having a hot hatch that bangs and scrapes and the tyres rub?!

You're such a chump.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Does look nice though! I've never seen those wheels on a car before, I thought they were shart but the do look really nice. Shame about the scrubbing etc.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
What's the point in having a hot hatch that bangs and scrapes and the tyres rub?!

You're such a chump.

It won't for long! Trust me, if I cant sort it it's getting raised higher! It's fine on smooth roads, just big bumps and pot holes that cause it. Think it needs a touch of arch work, maybe adjustable top mounts just to get it sweet. Job for the weekend anyway.

Either way, it goes around roundabouts even faster now. Can't wait to get it sorted for rougher roads.

Typical CS response. But personally VW's and BBS's are a perfect combination, I'm personally not too keen on the ones on your MK5 but it's certainly different to the norm.

The balance between good fitment and drive-ability isn't always easy.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Typical CS response. But personally VW's and BBS's are a perfect combination, I'm personally not too keen on the ones on your MK5 but it's certainly different to the norm.

The balance between good fitment and drive-ability isn't always easy.

Oh don't come in here with your intelligent response, it just doesn't suit. ;)

But yes, the height is more than drivable. I just have to sort the front so it doesn't catch (what I think) is just the arch liner. Could be a case of just rolling the lip on the arch and it's done, at least I hope. The car is about driving, not scraping the floor. That's why I wanted the 18's, so I can lose the arch gap but keep a sensible ground clearance!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
I like the wheels but they look a little strange on the Golf for some reason. Maybe not used to seeing anything other than loads of spokes.

Z4
This is going down well, lol.

Sorry mate, I'm not a fan either. I don't actually like the gti at all, it's almost as boring as a Seat Leon.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Not really a huge fan of those. In fact, I plain don't like them. The car is otherwise very nice.

yeah Jason should have just copied the majority of excitingly different users on this forum by getting some Turini's or something ....

14096092393_24e3f8b2ef_c.jpg

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What a crock of shite.

Why would you take a perfectly nice golf gti,then pick the wrong alloys for it and round it off with the wrong suspension.Im not sure why you've done this but each to their own and all that.Ill leave a copy/paste underneath for you to read.Just answer me one question,if youd read whats below in the advert would you have gone and bought the suspension even...lol

""This is the fronts all the way down, I'm guessing they need time to settle. But the fact I spotted after fitting them that they (According to the invoice note) are for a MK6, may not help. Meh, they fit. They make horrible banging and grinding noises and the tyres keep catching, but for now its fine.""