ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gone & Done It Again ...

Abarth 595 Trufeo

Went & ordered a new 172 today. :D

Will find out delivery date tomorrow - will probably be Mid Sept, as the Renault factory go on holiday on Fri for the whole of August.

Have gone for Silver (I know boring) but as we have a MK1 172 in Blue couldnt go for the Blue option, Black is well Black & the Red just wasnt for me. Tried to get Cup Blue but the Dealer wouldnt let me. (mailto:b@st@rd">b@st@rd)

So yet another Silver 172 on the road and on the forum.

The Mk1 172 is staying in the family - cant bear to part with her, so she will go to my boyfriend Hugh.

Anything in particular I should be looking out for on the MK2 when I pick it up?

Helen

GR7

Shiny red R32

August will soon pass Helen and you can look forward to your lovely new 172 and the silver will contrast nicely with your blue Mk1.

:D

Renault Laguna Coupe

When its new it should be ok. Check that the glovebox door is a good fit though.

You will get the following niggles:

SERV and AIRBAG lights on - seatbelt pretensioner wires under seat
Washer bottle leaking
exhaust rattle at 4000rpm
but none of these are life-threatening.

Oh yeah. Check the oil every 500 miles while you are running it in - it will use up to 2 litres over the first few thousand miles.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 30 July 2003

Check that the glovebox door is a good fit though.

You will get the following niggles:

SERV and AIRBAG lights on - seatbelt pretensioner wires under seat Never had this problem.
Washer bottle leaking Never had this problem
exhaust rattle at 4000rpm Never had this problem.
OOOhh what a lucky bugger I am :D

Am in the same boat as tomboy...ordered my new 172 in blue with Sat/Nav 3 weeks ago but am still being toldMid Sept is the earliest realistic DOA.

How long is the run in period for?

When is the first service due?..on my current Clio 1.5dci its 18k or 2 years.

canfordcliffs - assume you live there then? and to answer your service question, every service is at 12k or 1 year on the 172s

Lee

BMW M2C

Funny thing is, Ive never had any of those problems either. Mine hasnt used a drop of oil since day one!!! Ive covered just over 6k now and had an oil and filter change at 5k.

Check the passenger seat doesnt rattle.

I also had a fault with the front suspension towers (or something like that :oops:) its a known issue they will do under warranty. Although they may have rectified this out of the factory now. I think it only effected cars from late 2002 onwards.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by canfordcliffs on 30 July 2003
Am in the same boat as tomboy...ordered my new 172 in blue with Sat/Nav 3 weeks ago but am still being toldMid Sept is the earliest realistic DOA.

Do you really want your car delivered Dead On Arrival ?