ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good Deal? (182)

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Hi folks

Looking for a 182 for a mate, we've found one we're off to see tonight:

* 2005 '55' plate
* 2 owners (current is an 'enthusiast')
* 80k miles
* Black-Gold
* Both Cup Packs (but missing the front Splitter :dapprove:)
* Re-Furbed Wheels & New PE2s all round
* Custom Stainless Cat-Back System
* Lowered (Apex :dead:) but standard Springs included
* De-Cat fitted (but 182 Cat included)
* Usual Stone-Chips (for 80k miles!) but at least original paint... No other dents / scuffs etc
* Cam-Belt & Major Service done (Main Dealer service history)
* 2 Keys & 'Accident Pack' etc

Seems an honest 'young but high mileage' car which has been well looked after...

£4,600 (plus whatever it costs the Kevs at Birchdown to swap over the springs and cat!)

Deal or no deal?? :eek:

Cheers, Baggers.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Normal things. Exhaust, engine mounts, leaky rear shocks, check climate works ok, and check the cruise control works

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
If he ups his budget drop me a pm mate, mine will be up for sale sometime in the near future, may be of interest?

If he ups his budget drop me a pm mate, mine will be up for sale sometime in the near future, may be of interest?

He's buying one this week! (Long story...)

His budget started off as £3,500 - £4,000 for a 172, but then went to £4,500 for a 182.

This one seems to tick all the right boxes.

If you can let yours go for that and now, we'll come and buy it!! :D

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Add another k on and you're getting closer to mine (minus exhaust and AST's ;) )

On topic though, check everything you generally would, but I would look at sills for being bent over when jacked up, check it is a UK car (locking wheel nuts, alarm and got the LED at gearstick and sensor on the slam panel)

Engine and exhaust mounts as said. Check for any rattles inside when driving, boot floor for signs of damage, has the stickers on the front bumper. Right size tyres. Everythign and anything.

Add another k on and you're getting closer to mine (minus exhaust and AST's ;) )

On topic though, check everything you generally would, but I would look at sills for being bent over when jacked up, check it is a UK car (locking wheel nuts, alarm and got the LED at gearstick and sensor on the slam panel)

Engine and exhaust mounts as said. Check for any rattles inside when driving, boot floor for signs of damage, has the stickers on the front bumper. Right size tyres. Everythign and anything.

Thanks mate - I know the obvious ones, but appreciate the advice about alarm, LED etc etc... :)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Also, check the bodywork is in better condition than your phase 1, shows a more careful owner ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Check it has locking key/window etchings and alarm. This means UK car. Without means import. No biggie mind. Also bumper stickers,

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=399510

and stickers on slam panel (black part of the grill). If missing could indicate front end respary

DSC01375.jpg

Last edited:
  Charged Superleggera
a bit high milage tbh. you will struggle to sell it one in a couple of years due to the miles

Clio Sport 182 Cup 2005
I'm trying to get rid of my 182..

standard 182 with the gay white stripe....50k miles.FSH.05 model.

4800 quid.

320d
No deal. 80K on a 55 Plate car. Too much mileage for me, would badly affect resale value imo.

Can get one with 40K and FSH etc for an extra £500-800

Thanks for all your help and input guys.

We went, we saw, we checked, we drove, HE bought!

So, mission accomplished! :D

To be fair, it was an honest car through and through and apart from a few stone chips didn't show it's miles whatsoever... Not a rattle from the interior and was all in great nick.

I take on board some of the views expressed - regardless, my personal opinion is to spend less than half his budget and go quicker / harder / better in a ph1... :quiet:

Cheers, Baggers.