ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Good quote?

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
Took the 182 to a local car detailing place (whom i consider to be very reputable and knowledgable) and they have quoted me approx £350 for some work as follows:

- repair deep scratch on rear bumper (approx 3" long and down to the plastic)
- fill + paint a chip on passenger door edge
- machine polish out 1"x2" area of scratches on drivers wing
- full exterior steam clean + interior valet + all over light machine polish + carnuba wax

Now i dont mind paying for quality work but what do you think ? Pricey ?

Cheers

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
Cheers for the advice the quote was £120 for the scratch repair on the back bumper and £225 for the other work (the drivers side will need 2-3 hours of fine sanding + machine polishing to sort out) . Its a company called CVS (in Jersey..channel islands which explains the high price not many detailers to choose from) i've seen some pretty expensive machinery in there and they also restore classics - so I trust them with my clio.

cDc

182 Arctic Blue
Oh must own up aswell, the drivers side damage was caused by myself where i park underground there are pipes in certain places that drip "limescale" and this stuff was impossible to remove and I bodged trying to get it off.

Ive since been told it reacts with the lacquer and causes a permanant raised area in the paint. Apparantly a ferrari owner stored two of his pride and joys for two years in similar underground conditions and the result was a 16 grand respray to both cars and he had to ship the cars back to the factory to have it done!

Next purchase on my list is definitely car cover!!

Hyundai coupe
that's damm expenisive IMO £225 for the detail am sure other ppl could do the same if not a better job at near half the price. but like you say in jersey there;s not many places about.