ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my 182 yesterday, and guess....

The smile on my face... it started yesterday at 9:30AM and hasnt disapeared of my face!

At the garage my whole body was trembling, once i was in the car i was in a deep trance... went straight to the my local Shell garage in Edinburgh to feed the baby with Optimax and then it was straight on into the Highlands on the B-Roads into Fort William... God this car rules... Did i allready mention the smile on my face? :-]

Ofcourse theres a bad story as well, though i dont care now as im still smiling but ill tell it anyway...

I was supposed to pick the car up on Wednesday... took the day off work... 10:00AM pickup at the garage... I sho w up... shaking... Everything ok... Sales dude is like, let me check if your Insurance Certificate has arrived yet in our mail... Guess what... didnt arrive... For f**k sake... got insurance sorted on Monday night by the allmighty girlfriend (saved me £400 to put it in her name).... So anyway, I was like F**CK... I call the Directline dudes... ask them where their local office was cause I wanted this car NOW! ... Local office was in Glasgow... they would print the Certificate out at 13:30

... There i was racing to Glasgow in my sh*tty Nissan Almera (girlfriends car, that i was trading in).... Arrive in Glasgow, got ALMOST hit by those nutters that was cutting me off cause he was in the wrong lane, almost screwed my car that i was about to trade in!... Further on I choose a random carpark, by coincidence its next door to the Directline office! (I thought im gonna be lucky from now on!)... But was 1.5 hours early... So i buy a copy of the latest EVO, hit a pub, read about the McLaren vs Porsche GT thingie, drink pints of coke, wait... went to Directline, got my Insurance Certificate (I was expecting something fancy, but its just a stupid laser print out, why the hell cant they fax that)... Race back to Edinburgh,... Run into the garage waving my Directline docs.... Salesdude is cool... we go through everything....

I was happy... Then he was... Euh.,.. Theres a slight problem... Your insurance doesnt start till tomorrow... I was like what the F*CK???? Anyway he was right.. date was 13/05... nothing i could do but wait till the next day to pick up the car.. I was devastated... but picked myself up and thought well at least i got the whole day to drive it tomorrow (it was like 4PM by that time)...

Called my girlfriend... who did the insurance.. she was like but today is Wednesday the 13th of May.. followed by silence.... Hm.... Wasnt angry at her though... we all make mistakes...

Anyway, to wrap this story short. I managed to take the next day off work as well, went to the garage and picked it up and went straight for the Scottish Highlands... God this car is nice.... did 350 miles so far... 200 more miles and ill find out what beast hides inside that comes out when you pass the 5000 RPM....

Driving this car feels like falling in love again for the first time... Its bloody brilliant!

Ford Fiesta

lol, glad you llike it, cant wait for mine, hope everything is as I want it to be.

Liam

Trophy 263 + 265

glad to see you are happy

i know what its like to wait got mine today finaly after 4 months of being pi$$ed around by a broker and motopoint.

go on just take it above 5000 revs you know you cant wait.

i couldnt :devilish:(well it under warranty they can fix it if it goes pearshaped)

Yes, 1st time you go over 5000 revs, that grin on your face will be even wider :D Congrats mate, happy motoring. Do like I do, kick MR2 ass!!!!

Fancy coming to the meet we are having in Edinburgh soon? Would love a side by side race with a 182. Ill PM you with more details later.

Boz

Arctic 182

Picked mine up friday from portsmouth mate, same colour / spec as yours. Ive always been a pug man since owning a 205 1.9GTI, but am well impressed with the 182. Everything is spot on and build quality is not an issue. Done 450 miles now, taking it to 1000 miles then going above the 5000rpm. Glad youre enjoying it as much as me.

Elise/VX220/R26

lol I remember piucking the 172 up, the handover guy got halfway through his b****cks showing us all the switches and blah blah and just said, do youwant to just get in now and drive it?....erm yes! 5 mins later I was scaring my girlfriend to death on the dual carriageway you turn onto as you get out of the garage, class!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 16 May 2004

lol I remember piucking the 172 up, the handover guy got halfway through his b****cks showing us all the switches and blah blah and just said, do youwant to just get in now and drive it?....erm yes! 5 mins later I was scaring my girlfriend to death on the dual carriageway you turn onto as you get out of the garage, class!
Similar to me but it was me I was scaring as I hadnt driven properly in a year!!!