ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got my first rear wheel drive (swedish content)

They are awesome fun... I kind of miss mine

IMG_8424.jpg

More pics in my old thread

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?477637-My-Sweeeedish-Hooker

Money pit
is that on the v300m forum? can't remember my login can't be arsed gettin new password either, it was a chap off there that bought my one. £350 is a bit steep, mine was lowered on 2" lowering blocks from peter lloyd rallying, and originally on chopped springs.i bought it like that :eek: but put a old set of g40 springs and refilled the shocks with heavier oil.

good luck with the project, whatever you do don't take the heater out winter was painfull had to spray inside with de icer lol

yeah it is he's foreign lol, alright forum though.

I know it's expensive but I don't want to cut any corners with this car.
I regret selling my clio because I did everything by halfs, like shoving lowering springs on it rather than coillies etc etc.
So gonna do it properly so it doesn't come back and bite me in the arse lol
And I know haha I'm definately going to keep my heater :approve:

Anyone got any ideas about interior mods?
Bucket seats obviously. but flocking? stickerbomb? etc.

@ Winston I remember seeing that on the volvo forum. looks like a tidy engine, throttle bodies?

Money pit
Right not really an update but...

I ordered the suspension parts mentioned on the 16 August and the guy must be an utter spaz. He kept asking why I rang him constantly...duh becuase you never ring me to update me with another sh1t excuse about why the parts haven't arrived.:mad:
Anyway he said he'll send everything to me today so should be here next week...hopefully :S

It's starting to seem like God is trying to stop me from modifying it...

My insurance was up for renewal on Tuesday so obviously rang around a bit and the best price I got was £990 ( a £400 saving :cool:) but then my dad reminded me that I'd be lowering it blah blah blah. this is where everything goes pear shaped.
I asked insurance about modifications and the only 2 companies that would cover me were Adrian Flux and Performance Direct. I said I wanted to put wide steel wheels on and lower it. AF quoted £4300 and PDirect quoted £2500.
I mean what a fcuking joke!
And to make it worse all my mates have been saying "dont bother declaring mods" etc etc. And tbh I never declared any on my Clio but it just seems like I'm tempting fate now. An obviously I dont want to get points/get banned for driving with void insurance.
So it looks like it's coming off the road :( I'm proper gutted!

Sorry about the s**t update but yeah...

Turbos.
How old are you? £2500 for an old 1.4 shitter! Having a giraffe.

Otherwise, do the policy through someone else. Have you tried adding your mum/sister/aunt/any female to your policy?

Money pit
I'm 19 and will have been driving 2 years in January. Daft isn't it.

An yeah that was with my mum, dad and neighbour on it! Main problem being not many insurers will cover mods for anyone under 25 :(

Turbos.
You could get your mum or dad to start a fresh policy, with you as a named driver. It is technically illegal if you do the majority of the driving though.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've got a brown one of these sitting on the drive doing nothing.

Something ridiculous like 70k miles, 1986, one old boy owner. Awesome thing, it is. It's a 2.0, though..

Money pit
You could get your mum or dad to start a fresh policy, with you as a named driver. It is technically illegal if you do the majority of the driving though.

i have thought about it but they would never drive it in a million years an the whole reason of declaring my mods is to keep on the safe side of the law...so kind of contradicting myself if i did that lol

How much do you want for it Budgie?

ph1-172
when i insured mine it was £180 a year at 21 with no ncb. i know insurance is expensive for young drivers but its a f'in volvo no one will wanna nick it. can't be in double figures insurance group wise.

Listerine & Poledo

Something ridiculous like 70k miles, 1986, one old boy owner. Awesome thing, it is. It's a 2.0, though..

A mate of mine's family had one sat on their drive for months on company all-drivers insurance, so we took it out on random jaunts.

The best exploit of it was dropping a Boxster...... for no other reason than we spotted it as we both came off the sliproad ontothe A14, decided it'd be worth seeing if we could hold it and thought we may have more of a chance if we whacked the choke out.

All that we managed to do was create one hell of a smoke screen..... no-one got past us though. win

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
give brentache a phone as long as your have at least year no claims they should give you a good quote on it.

R14 CUP
my old 340,
208.jpg

6e0a_4-1.jpg

bought it as a 1.7 and after that died i put a 1.8 16v motor in it. the mechanical side is really easy, and wiring wasn't too bad either. you will need 1.7 bellhousing, prop and some other bits.

I drive past this car when going to my Fiancee's house, its got stickers all over it now.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Saw one of these for sale on Driftworks and was MEGA Tempted!

Just read your insurance. WOW.

It works out MUCH CHEAPER to declare mods AFTER you get the main policy. My bora cost £2500 for me tpft with no no claims bonus. And it cost £200 for lowering and alloys.

Last edited:
  Money pit
UPDATE

Finally got round to lowering it this week and what a faff! Now I'm no mechanic but thought I'd give the fronts a go on tuesday...and failed quite honestly! between 1pm and 6pm all I had managed to do was undo a few bolts haha.
So my mechanic mate came round on tuesday night and we got the two front struts off, after a hell of alot of de-rusting!
Difference between old and new springs :rasp:
IMG_0116.jpg

All the rusty goodness...
IMG_0115.jpg

How we left it tuesday night :
IMG_0118.jpg

Joe told me to have the new springs on the strut by the time he came round on Wednesday night, so I put on the new springs but then panicked...alot haha.
They were so small the spring cups wouldn't hold them in place...like so:
IMG_0121.jpg

See the gap?
IMG_0120.jpg

After ringing him he said it'd be fine blah blah blah, so didn't do anything else on it last night and went for a bit of drifting fun in my mates new IS 200 :)

SO...tonight we put everything back together and VOILA! The front is lowered :approve:
IMG_0122.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

I know I know, there's still a massive arch gap but for now I'm happy, and so is my sump lol...
IMG_0124.jpg

The amount of clearance underneath is pretty much exactly the same amount as arch gap, so if the wheels and arches were flush it would literally sit on the floor lol.
And tbh living down a rough farm track and having to deal with the s**t roads in Sheffield at least a few times a week, it wouldnt be practical.

Anyway... C+C welcome :)

*Oh and sorry for the s**t iPhone pictures, my camera battery is dead :(

Last edited:
  Money pit
Lowered the back on saturday and im pleased to say it looks fcukin amazing! Haha.

Took it to sheffield on sunday and it behaved well over the snake pass apart from some serious wheel wobble because of the wheels not being balanced. Got them done first thing this morning and they seem much better :)

Sorry for the absence of pictures, im goin to krispy kremes tonight for a mini shoot even though its filthy lol.
Its also an excuse to see what its like on the motorway.

If anyones around trafford krispy kremes later on u'll probably see me. But otherwise ill get the pictures up tomorrow!

Kthnxbai

Money pit
Re: Got my first rear wheel drive (volvo)

Winston - didn't know there was one but yeah i'll mission up lol, and no...it doesn't really go sideways :(

Rob - charging camera battery up right now :)

Si- cheers mate!

Anyway didn't end up going to Kripsy Kremes last night, went to Altrincham to pick up some mates and then didn't leave till midnight.
And tbh it's a good job i didn't try and go to krispy kremes because it really cant handle people sitting in the back - the exhaust was literally on the floor, and the tyres have been slightly shredded by the arches :evil: an that was only about 200 yards with people in the back :S

to answer Winstons question a bit better, we were dicking about in tesco car park last night and got a few bits of sideways action, but tbh it's pretty s**t! haha. It's probably me being a spaz, but i spent the majority of the night going round corners with just one wheel spinning (one tyre fire lol) Its great fun in the wet, but i think it's just lacking power to drift in the dry :( the fact that my clutch is fucked really doesnt help i suppose :rasp:

Anyway I only took a few s**t pictures cause my heart wasn't in it and by this time i wanted to go home.

vat4.jpg

vat3.jpg

vat2.jpg

vat1.jpg

Plans now are to get a new clutch before the 6th Nov (I'v got a drift day booked at Oulton Park)
I'll see how I get on there and then decide whether to weld the diff or not

C+C welcome guyzz

Money pit
Looks really good, the clutch should transform it.

I'm bloody hoping so haha! And yeah I admit I haven't quite got the hang of drifting it yet :eek: But the drift day at Oulton park is a full teaching day so I'm hoping to improve a fair bit after that :approve:

Money pit
absolutely GUTTED! :(

Car was overheating alot more than usual yesterday, and by the evening it was getting f**king ridiculous : overheating just from being at a stand still for more than 30 seconds.
So popped the bonnet and my radiator is pissing out steam, used about 4 litres of water to top it up but it just pissed it back out :(
Because I was a good 20 miles from home I rung the AA (this is about half 7) someone from Mansfield came at about 10 o'clock and said the head gasket might be letting some pressure out or something. Anyway...ended up being towed home at midnight to avoid blowing the head gasket completely and now I have to fix it.
I'm properly gutted, I'v only just got it looking how I want it and then it goes and breaks lol.

PICS
71685_10150294338140077_786840076_15491093_6285010_n.jpg

33726_10150294337315077_786840076_15491086_8066522_n.jpg

the nice AA man hitching me up to his van...
and this is how I roll lol
69320_10150294363435077_786840076_15491465_7908791_n.jpg

hopefuly get it done before saturday night as theres gonna be a good party that i don't want to miss haha

Money pit
Re: Got my first rear wheel drive (PICS)

So after the little break down on Thursday, I took it to my local garage for a second opinion and apparently the cooling system is pressurising fine and there seems to be nothing wrong with my head gasket :D So on Saturday shoved some K-seal in and now it's running sound as a pound!

Finally got round to washing it today (hasn't been washed since I bought it...) It REALLY needs claying but I'll give it a wash/clay/wax once I can be bothered buying some clay lol. Now that it's not caked in grime you can see a few tiny spots of rust but nothing to worry about really.

Anyways Pictures :)

IMG_5988.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5969.jpg

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5973.jpg

IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

Then put some new stickers on...

IMG_6011.jpg

love the sparkle on this haha
IMG_6003.jpg

and just for the lolz
IMG_6004.jpg

Oh and I stripped out the back last week :rasp:
IMG_6014.jpg

Oh and Im hopefully going to be at the NW Kripsy Kremes meet next weekend but I can't put my name on the list because I'm not a member :dapprove:

C+C welcome :)

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
winner winner chicken dinner, f**king love this car its awesome

Money pit
Cheers for the good comments peeps :D

Im probably going to keep it like this for a little bit, as I haven't really had any time to have fun in it yet!
But once I've got another job sorted and done a few bits to the Landy...
-Bucket seats / drift steering wheel
-straight through exhaust
-big engine ;)
-stickers/colour coding

any suggestions? also still undecided on welding the diff :dapprove:

wilky19

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon FR 184
for the engine part shove either a valver engine in or a williams engine in.

Money pit
for the engine part shove either a valver engine in or a williams engine in.

That'd be the obvious choice tbh. From day 1 of having it thats what I had in mind, but theres no way I could afford insurance for an engine conversion :(
I have been thinking of putting in a 340 1.7...would make a bit of difference power wise, be alot cheaper and could probably get away with not telling insurance...
Then again I don't want void insurance :S

Turbos.
Looking good... although i think if i see another shocker hand sticker on a car i will have to punch the owner.

Don't be a sheep!