ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Got the Cup r/r today

172 Cup SOLD
A few of us went up to Surrey Rolling road today and put the cars on the rollers

bearing in mind mine went on when the outside temp was about 85 i'm quite pleased with the results!

169.1 @ fly
139.6 @ wheels
145 lbs torque

its a 172 cup, with janspeed decat on standard exhaust and viper

this sound about right?

Mine's standard, at Janspeed I got 144.5bhp at the wheels and 131.4lbs torque, so yup that seems thereabouts considering its on different rollers and conditions etc (we did mine in winter!)

172 Cup SOLD
its just hit 50k

gunna get it done end of sept again i think, see if i get any improvement

think its pretty accurate tho, done on a dyno dynamics rollers

2002 White RS 172.
taylor said:
i still find it funny that the 172 doesnt actually have 172 bhp

You'll find most cars are never their exact stated BHP weather it be give or take. A lot of the import Imprezas/Lancers that were supposed to be 280bhp (at the time the output limit of power allowed in Japan, im no sure if it's changed now though) were running well over 300bhp as standard.

172 Cup SOLD
yea the bloke who ran the place said he's had dozens of 172, 82's, and v6's and says 90% of them have between 5-10brake less than they quote

s2000
the temp will make a difference.. and the grade of petrol etc. and as others have stated.. its ps not bhp..

Megane Trophy
Dan x2c said:
yea the bloke who ran the place said he's had dozens of 172, 82's, and v6's and says 90% of them have between 5-10brake less than they quote

waaa mine was 176bhp :rasp:

Megane Trophy
matty w said:
was that corrected figure ?what % did use from wheels to flywheel

God knows, Made good power for a 172 with just a backbox at the BBT rr day.

Was very happy with it.

and before anyone starts i know all about the inaccuracies of a rr

but compared to others on the day it made good power so i was happy :D