ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gran Turismo 7

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
i tell you what the Cicuit Experience is tough, i can do the sections allright and get gold it's putting it all together for the Full Circuit is my issue.

Also i miss the Cone Markers, I'm not use to not having them telling me where to break

Cones were a lot more aesthetically pleasing than those stupid markers that's for sure.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I don't see anything different to what PS5 users seem to get from videos and reviews, the graphics may not be as high as a PS5 but I am on an original PS4 and don't think it makes much of a difference that I can see

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
The only major differences are graphics, controller support and load times I believe.

If you've never used a PS5 it'll be fine, if you have the load times might feel a bit painful :ROFLMAO:

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I put a Seagate Firecuda SSHD in mine a while back and loading times aren't that bad for me.

I guess as you said the big advantage of the PS5 is the haptic feedback triggers but I don't see that as a loss, if you use a wheel then that doesn't matter anyway, still yet to try my wheel out on it yet though

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I put a Seagate Firecuda SSHD in mine a while back and loading times aren't that bad for me.

I guess as you said the big advantage of the PS5 is the haptic feedback triggers but I don't see that as a loss, if you use a wheel then that doesn't matter anyway, still yet to try my wheel out on it yet though
Yep, it's still a great game on PS4 no doubt!

Talking of wheels, I keep getting tempted by an 8020 rig and Fanatec DD Pro for this, seem excessive though! What are others using?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’m still on the controller, I’ve never used a steering wheel.

I’ve completed all the Music ones so far and completed the first 2 lumps of the Missions. Starting to do one or two of the AI races gr3 and gr4

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Talking of wheels, I keep getting tempted by an 8020 rig and Fanatec DD Pro for this, seem excessive though! What are others using?

I've got a G29 with upgraded shifter spring on an X Rocker XR rig, does the job for me, getting used to the brake pedal is a bit wierd to start but once you do I don't think you need any mods to it (most people tend to go down the GTEye route) or go with anything higher priced depending how much you use it and how competitive you are, I've entered manufacturer cups on GT Sport and come second in a few races so still pretty competitive.

I use it on Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, GT *, Car X and its great, the only downside is the spin speed is a bit slower than other wheels, and a little clunky noise too as it's cog driven, if you like drifting but again once you get used to that it's not an issue and you can 'overclock' it with a stronger power supply, as the standard one actually restricts the Amps it can draw, which speeds it up a bit.
3f6d69529c5ef0b9eb12638dde1fa592.jpg
ab8bba252d4df07f8e3fbdf82ab27fca.jpg

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Yep, it's still a great game on PS4 no doubt!

I got the GT DD Pro after Christmas in preparation of GT7. A week later I ordered a 80/20 rig 🤣

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I went for the Trak Racer TR160, though they sent me the “less good” TR80. I would not recommend Trak Racer purely on customer services alone.

I have recently done a wee bit of tidying around it so will get a new pic.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Finished the Menus in a coughing/sneezing/medicine fuelled stupor earlier.

Took the Group 3 Renault in with an added high rpm turbo and sucked badly at Bathurst and the 'ring. Managed to scrape 1 extra point over fourth then got the glory of all the stupid bobbing heads talking at me.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Haha, I think I'm turning against the idea of every single piece of the game being super competitive now haha.

Managed to figure out why my old Fanatec kept acting up, turns out it doesn't like being plugged into an extension running about a million other things at the same time.
@N0ddie is gonna be pissed when he sees the times lol

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Spent a bit of time on this today and decided to try with the VR like I do woth most other racing games.

The graphics in the headset takes a major hit compared to others but the interior view with head movement on made me so much more precise with cornering and had a good few races just not sure if I can cope with the resolution to keep doing that, maybe just for the tougher challenges

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Got the race of the first mission set today; the Fiat 500 is hilarious! Got 2nd place first attempt but turned it off after that. Going to be an interesting one for sure.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Spent a bit of time on this today and decided to try with the VR like I do woth most other racing games.

The graphics in the headset takes a major hit compared to others but the interior view with head movement on made me so much more precise with cornering and had a good few races just not sure if I can cope with the resolution to keep doing that, maybe just for the tougher challenges
I'm still yet to sample VR.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I think I was actually, but then lost it on a s**t corner and a few scrambled their places back! Just got to do that corner better I guess then should be good.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
I'm still yet to sample VR.
At the moment GT7 doesn't have full VR, there is speculation that it will come with the new PS5 VR when that is released.

GT Sport VR was good but a shame that you could only do 2 lap races on it against the slowest AI ever.

I jist use it to have the massive screen right infront of me so you can judge speed better and more focused on the track.

Also just got hold of Drive Club VR which I believe is the only full VR racing game, that is the same version of the original non-vr game but you can only get the old disc version now, yet to try that out, heard it makes a lot of people nauseous even if they are used to VR.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
My 2nd attempt beat yours from my post, which surprised me because it felt slow. But thats what they say, slow is fast.

Yeah the demos are super slow looking.

I thought I'd missed some VR functionality for a sec then , get what you mean now @P-Co.

P-Co

ClioSport Club Member
  Hyundai Santa Fe
Best VR experience I've had by far is Ace Combat, not had anything else like it.

If GT7 has VR for the PS5 and not PS4 then I may upgrade at that point.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
How many goes was that and have you bettered the sectors?

My 2nd attempt beat yours from my post, which surprised me because it felt slow. But thats what they say, slow is fast.
6th redo I think it was. I improved upon each lap a wee bit before the last one which improved a lot.

Not done the sectors though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
@N0ddie what car did you use to do the Kei car challenge?
The Honda S660. I only done power mods and dealt with the less than ideal handling. Engine map 1 until half way down the big straights then map 2 for the 2nd half of those sections. Aim to get 8 laps from each tank and it'll mean you only have to pit twice. You will need to change tyres at each stop also.