ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT - RearSpacers fitted and a wash

Black Clio GT
Seats are good, BUT the boulsters for your legs are too ..... weak and dont provide enough support. I dont feel that the sides go high enough either, hell i know theyre not recaros but i miss my MK2 now.

Its the seating position thats my main dissapointment, feels so flat.

And that GOD DAMM CLUTCH CREAKING is driving me INSANE.

either change the pedals or get wd 40 out.......

F56 MINI Cooper S
same top end but half second quicker to 60 in the twingo due to less weight and 5bhp more. handles better on the cup suspension but i personally couldnt live with the boot size and dash set up or one would be sat outside my house instead of the gt...........
what the GT like cruising? I hear the twingo RS is on 3.5k rpm at 70, GT the same?

Black Clio GT
very similar, gt is 6 speed, twingo 5 speed.
it is a bit loud on motorways but what revvy n/a car isnt??

Not a 320d
either change the pedals or get wd 40 out.......

Change the pedals ? Its not the pedals thats the problem, i dont know what is. I have applied some lithium grease but its had no effect. I found that if i use my right clutch to engage the clutch, but apply some pressure horizontally and engage/disengage it a few hundred times the squeaking goes away. I dont know how long this will be effective for though.

what the GT like cruising? I hear the twingo RS is on 3.5k rpm at 70, GT the same?

better than the MK2 1.2 i had by about 200(hundred)rpm lol. Its not 3.5k at 70, more like just above 3k.

It seemed quiet at first when i got it at 70 but now i find myself checking what gear im in.

Not a 320d
OK guys, i have sorted the stupid clutch problem. Get some Lithium Grease and spray all the parts on the clutch inside the car except the pedal obviously, then apply pressure to the side of the clutch and engage it numerous times so its basically rubbing. then do the same on the other side. Mine doesnt squeak anymoar.