ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

H&R Spacers/H&R Springs Fitted. (New pictures added)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Fine, I forgive the amount of build up this had...

It looks superb mate, better than standard, far far better and totally OEM.

Ha! Cheers mate. :eek:

Stands to reason then, the MK3 sports aren't as quick as the MK2s.

More weight, same(ish) BHP...

Lovely looking car though Chris.

It's not black and white like that. Mine was identical up to silly speeds to Jon's 180bhp Ph1... gearing and a solid torque curve count for a lot.

The F4R in the 200 normally runs mid-to-high 180's on a decent RR, so I'm spot on. It was making power right up to the limiter too, so a raised limited and subtle remap will really benefit it. It gets rid of most of the laggy throttle low-down too. That's really annoying.

Another fella with an LY 200 on the day ran 176. :dapprove:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's not black and white like that. Mine was identical up to silly speeds to Jon's 180bhp Ph1... gearing and a solid torque curve count for a lot.

The F4R in the 200 normally runs mid-to-high 180's on a decent RR, so I'm spot on. It was making power right up to the limiter too, so a raised limited and subtle remap will really benefit it. It gets rid of most of the laggy throttle low-down too. That's really annoying.

Jons ph1 has more power than my car?! :eek: for the sake of f**k lol!

off to buy a charger :(

Finally some better pics lol, looks spot on though mate, yours look to stick out a tad more than my FK 25mm's but not sure if thats down to the height difference playing tricks with my eyes. Never the less great mod.

i had a play against my mates quick ph1 the other night & we were side by side i was inpressed with the 197.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Jons ph1 has more power than my car?! :eek: for the sake of f**k lol!

off to buy a charger :(

My ph1 utterly dicked over a 197 and a 200 on the same day on the way to last year. We had several tests, one was Mr RSport and I, both in 3rd, both at the same speed, 1,2,3 go. Steve was not happy. :eek:

I don't even own the car so it's not like I'm bigging it up or defending mk2's, but the mk3 isn't about being faster in a straight line than the mk2. It can, however, carry FAR more speed in the corners.

Evo 8 MR
Ha! Cheers mate. :eek:

Quality pics as usual, good to see someone getting some proper spacers too.

With regards to power won't it get more as the engine loosens up? I remember the 197's with <10k miles on ran low power but seemed to creep up with mileage.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tbf to Renault they tell you it's 200ps. It's just clever marketing. It's funny that people claim the new Fiesta ST with 180bhp needs more power.

Power is a side thing for me. Drive-ability is more important. Like Chris said a remap to suit would help low gearing.

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Looks good.
How do spacers affect the handling (given that that is what the car is renowned for)? 25mm (per side?) seems a lot wider.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
200PS is still around 197hp.

At least with the death of the F4R, the 1.6T actaully might make claimed figures now, lol.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As said, happy to borrow it for a bit to put some miles on for you x

Not a chance! :eek:

187bhp

And a half.

Pwnt. Your face was awesome when it rolled 0.1 more than yours on the last run. ;)

Power-to-weight though, like you said.

Looks good.
How do spacers affect the handling (given that that is what the car is renowned for)? 25mm (per side?) seems a lot wider.

It tramlines a little more under hard braking (over 1.5G. Because RS Monitor) but other than that it's identical. Maybe a tad less adjustable on the throttle.

Looks awesome Chris, made my mind up on what to do next to the r27!

Ha! Good man!

Last edited:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Alien Green
Storm Grey
Ultra Red

In that order, IMO. Seeing as the first and second options were discontinued when I ordered, I went with UR. :eek:

How much did everything cost if you don't mind me asking? Just spent £1200 getting mine fixed so won't be for a few months, but I need this stance in my life. Damn you!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Will get around to doing a write-up sometime this week. Was epic, can see why the 200 is highly regarded now! Much better car than the 172 cup I had.

Nice one.

How much did everything cost if you don't mind me asking? Just spent £1200 getting mine fixed so won't be for a few months, but I need this stance in my life. Damn you!

Ordered everything from Larkspeed mate.

Springs were £180 ish and the spacers were around the same. Plus delivery.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
No worries.

Going to add a black vinyl to the front next, like the Akrapovic edition has. I've bought some vinyl cheaply from eBay.

I need to get around to fitting my HID kit too! :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ooooooh! Actually... what the largest size you guys can print?

Would you be able to make one up for me?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Hai

8113807773_4b2863ec8f_z.jpg

8113808927_1b3327589a_z.jpg

8113809437_e3ebbc6ef9_z.jpg

8113811225_5c646e33a6_z.jpg

Oh that looks f*cking awesome. Like, seriously f*cking awesome. I think the "convex" alloy spoke design looks the dogs danglies with the spacers.