ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

had a play with gti 180!!

NEED V6!
was just going towards coventry and noticed this nutter in the gti 180 who was flying past every1 at stupid speeds and almost lost it a few times
i was just in the inside lane and i thought hey why not lets see what hes got so i gradually caught him up cuz he was slowing down and when he noticed i was about 3 car lengths behind then he booted it and i thought i would give it a try and thought it would be neck and neck but i gained quite easily and overtook him comfortably,should have seen the grit determination on his on his face.LOL!!!
anyway i was wondering whether any1 else has played with these cuz i was well suprised that the gti 180 was much slower.:)

well it was one off the target list

all comments appreciated

Monaro VXR
Thought there 0-60 was around the 8 second mark there not amazingly quick cause they weigh so much.

106 GTi
Shouldnt be much in it speed wise, but the ride and handling as standard in the 180 is poo.

tiTTy & SV650
yeah i did similar to one on my way to knockhill, he was gutted, reeled him in easily and he pulled over to let me past

Astra VXR 17/05/07
You sure it was a 180 and not the similar looking Gti ??

I thought there was only about 20 kg difference in weight so its hardly loads heavier ?

It doesn`t seem right that a 182 could overtake one " Comfortably " as you said, if he was giving it everything ?

NEED V6!
yeah definitly the gti 180 but like i said was very suprised and think so was he,i even had a passenger and he was on his own

Remapped derv Golf
Actually I've just bought a 2000 138BHP model and I'm pretty impressive with it. I used to have a 172 Cup and don't really think the 206 GTi is as bad as some say it is.
Sure it's not as fast but it doesn't handle at all bad. Alot less scatty to drive than the Cup imo. The brakes aren't as good though.

Performance wise I'm fairly sure the 180 version should be closer to the 182 than that.

A number of clios
the gti 180 are rubbish my mate bought one had it for 2 days and swapped it for a clio lol

106 GTi
I test drove 4 180's .. it was the car that made me stop buying Pugs and buy a Renault. The 138 is the worst sporting Peugeot I have ever driven you feel like your going to fall out of the set in bends, I ended up with a 306 over one.

Remapped derv Golf
Not really found that a problem tbh. Isn't a bad car for £4.5k. Much cheaper to insure than the 172 was for me. Plus I can park it in Croydon without worrying all day about it like I did with the Cup.

Saves me money and thats all I care about atm. Sure beats driving a Megane Scenic which I've had since selling the Clio.

Last edited:
  Nissan 350Z
I saw a video once of a Clio 172 (i think) v GTI 180... the GTI 180 seemed to have better driver as it got past eventually, but on the straights, not really much in it, with a *slight* edge to the Clio.

I believe an RS could comfortably overtake the 138 bhp version but not the 180 version.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
I seriously doubt, a 182 could pass a car with almost identical power and less weight ( Its 20 kg heavier but with a passenger less ) so easily.

It must of been the Gti surely ???????

It doesnt make sense a 182 with a passenger could do that to a 180 ???????

182 and 5 GTT
I know a lad who used to have a GTI 180. When he took me out in it, i was really dissapointed. Compaired to my clio it was piss poor in performance. Dont bother with them now. I like the seats though!

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I was going 2 buy the 180gti but after the test drive I was having second thoughts. Then I saw a 182ff round the back, took that out and fell in love! Had her for 2 weeks now.

Also crossed a 180 of the hit list Last week. Not much in it tho.

Ad

MK2 FRS
I wanted to like the 180, and retention values for some strange reason are better than the clio.

But they have never seemed that quick to me. A well driven 182 v a badly driven180 will easily have it.

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
I had a play with a 172ff yesterday afternoon on the a45 heading towards wellingborough i was two up and so was the clio but both coming off a round about onto a dual carriageway with the clio on the inside i managed to overtake him and pull 4 car lenghts even though he was giving it some serious stick!

ive had many encounters with clio cups and tbh there aint fu#k all in it straight line speed. on track its close but the clio has the advantage.but Like said above if the driver in the 180 is good it would eat the clio and same the other way round there's about 20kg weight diffrence and the 180 has more torque. It would not be so easy to overtake a real 180 but ive seen so many standard gti's with 180 wheels and badges! its silly!! and to the untrained eye it would be hard to tell the diffrence between the gti and the real 180!

example quiz! is this a real 180 or not???

DSCN0783.jpg

DSCN0779.jpg

Image015.jpg

Last edited:
  insignia
Mates got one.Nice seats,but the performance is knowhere near as thrilling as the clio.Even when you cain the ass off it,it never lives up to expectations after being in a 172,There is no surge of power up the rev range its just constant all the way through,the suspension is piss poor,coz its just too bloody hard,and a standard 180 pug just sits far too high on them 17's its untrue.

.Its like when your cruising in the clio if everything is cool.If you want some fun out of it you take it into the upper 5k revs and it transforms,The pug doesnt.

megane coupe F7R
I agree with lee 180. There would be f**k all in it on the straights. So get of your high horse 172/182 boys ;)

Arnt the 206 6 speed as well? They do the 1/4 in the same time almost as well

PEUGEOT 206 GTI 180
Mondial172 said:
Ermm I'm gonna guess no because it hasn't got the beesting aerial?

Do I win a goldfish?

ill even throw in a free cuddly toy!

i wonder if the 207 rc cup will be a better car from peugeot although with only a 1.6 turbo 180bhp engine i shouldn't think it will be any quicker??

inferno rs 182
theres a fannied up gti round my way. the guy drives like mad man overtaking allsorts till he sees me and doesnt want to know its really pissing me off he wont race. probably scared he'll lose

MINI JCW
There shouldnt be anything between the 182 and 180 as they have the same power and weigh virtually the same.

Although magazine road test suggest different, both evo and autocar have the 182 being a significant about quicker to 100 than the 180

182 and 5 GTT
on the inside i managed to overtake him and pull 4 car lenghts

Lol! You sure it was a 172 and not another clio badged up?

I've posted this many times before, my bro (CTR) and I were out for a blast and were joined by a 180 (stopped after and found out we knew the guy) and there really was feck all in it between the CTR/Cup/180.

172CUP/Fiesta supersport
my mate has a 172 exclusive and his old boy has a GTI180 and my mate and his dad both reckon the 172 is quicker.....I myself have test driven a 180 and I didn't think it was as quick either and most definately not as involving.