ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Had my wheels Stolen!

2001 Ph1 172
My car is at the body shop being repaired after my accident! I rang them this morning to check the progress! They infomed me taht the had ahd a " bulgary" and my wheels had been stolen! So im getting a complete new set!!! obviousley plus GOOd Year f1 tyres!!!

I think this is a bit fishy tho? any thoughts??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does it matter if they are paying? My car is at the garage now, i'm hoping someone steals it.

ask to go see the damage etc,either way make sure they have informed the police about it,if they havent then i would start thinking i can smell a bit of salmon ;)

Chelsea tractor
I've heard of worse happen at a bodyshop - an old guy near me was having his VW transporter converted so that he could drive his disabled wife around (she was in a wheelchair) and that got robbed. He was gutted bless him. They're apparently worth a fair bit.

If they're paying then look on the bright side - you're getting a new set of wheels and tyres ;)

P

PrincessJessica

ur lucky my friends car was at a bodyshop and they left his car outside and it was stolen and burnt out a few miles away.

insurance company wouldnt pay out because they were paying for it to be repaired when it was stolen.

they thought someone was pulling a fast one but my mate was about 6k down and nothing to show for it :(

My car is at the body shop being repaired after my accident! I rang them this morning to check the progress! They infomed me taht the had ahd a " bulgary" and my wheels had been stolen! So im getting a complete new set!!! obviousley plus GOOd Year f1 tyres!!!

I think this is a bit fishy tho? any thoughts??

i would go down and have a look at your car .

Car left outside the bodyshop?

My usual bodyshop houses 3x British GT Porsches and various restoration classics in a secure covered lockup, I wonder if they'd still go for my wheels LOL

New set of alloys and brand new tyres, i'd be quite pleased with that aslong as my car wasn't damaged suprised they didn't tell you to claim it off ur insurance.

ur lucky my friends car was at a bodyshop and they left his car outside and it was stolen and burnt out a few miles away.

insurance company wouldnt pay out because they were paying for it to be repaired when it was stolen.

they thought someone was pulling a fast one but my mate was about 6k down and nothing to show for it :(

garage's insurance should have paid out for the car, heard of this happening before when i dealt with liability insurance under motor traders policies and there is a valid claim against garage as car was in their custody