ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

has anyone diregarded the running in

Im in the process of running in my cup (done 400 miles). When I collected it from the dealer he said that it doesnt really need to be run in but its probably best if you keep it below 4000 revs for the first 500 miles or so. What do you think of this advice? Has anybody totally disregarded a run in period and just gone for it from the start?

ran in from first day took it up to !20 after 60 miles had a good race in it. cars today are designed for this.. just remember like i do to drive slowly for the first 4-5mins to let the engine warm up (also saving fuel) then go for it ((i mean obvioulsy not totally hammer it below 1000miles but do get some speed up.. if its long term health is suffering it doesnt matter because by that point you will have sold it for half price thorugh depreciation due to renault brining out 182 192 202 212 etc... to some boyracer who will also thrash it.

Give it some and then dont forget to sell after 2 years max :)

I think your right arse274...thanks. Ill probably do the 500 anyway, and then go fot it (its only another 100 miles anyway).

whe i got my clio, i respected it for the 1st 10 miles, warmed up the engine to a decent temperatuer then cained shitout of it

in over 12000 miles not one thing went wrong, and at the time was the quickest 1.2 16v in the club

it since has died, through no fault of the car as it was stuck into a lamppost and written off

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 30 March 2004

whe i got my clio, i respected it for the 1st 10 miles, warmed up the engine to a decent temperatuer then cained shitout of it

in over 12000 miles not one thing went wrong, and at the time was the quickest 1.2 16v in the club*

it since has died, through no fault of the car as it was stuck into a lamppost and written off
* this was never proven mine was quicker. ;)

tom we all know mine had more power - std vs stv, you had a little more torque though :(

but as far as real figures go, mine was ;)

and now its freds